PDA

View Full Version : Coloring Images...

Darleneh710
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Am I the only one? I see so many of you shackies posting about coloring images for cards and such and I must be lazy or maybe it just isn't my thing. But I was wondering if am the only one out there that doesn't color in images? Most of my images dont have to be colored, so I guess that is why I don't do it. I do have some SU markers and some colored pencils, but my hands bother me when I color for a long time...lol

Mere Deaux
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
A good many of my stamps do not need to be colored. I use quite a bit of embossing for color. And I seem to like my cards in two colors. Red and White or Black & White. My favorite thing is my Cuttlebug... I love my H2O's too.

teabear
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't color much either, Darlene. Just isn't my thing, but I do like to paint. Painting with H2O's or now with alcohol ink is really fun for me. I also sometimes paint with water and markers. Mostly, though I don't color images.

allinkdup
12-17-2008, 12:35 PM
ohhh, I am just the oposite. I think I have 2 stamps that do not need colored. Then again, I also have a kid that doesn't have anymore coloring books since mom uses them. I sit and color with him and then he says I take all the colors and good pictures. lol

Artyfarty
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I absolutley love colouring in and find it so relaxing. I have more pencils than WHsmith lol and keep collecting more. But then some images dont need colour and can look just as effective or stunning.

Spartymom
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I like to color. It's relaxing for me and fun. I color with brushables or pencils. Granted it does take some time though.

Inkisallover
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Coloring is not really my thing either. I just stamp, use my markers a little and be done with it. It's usually very simple images. I never do "blending".

Paula Carden
12-17-2008, 04:08 PM
The coloring is my favorite part- I love to color as it is relaxing.
I don't have many images that don't need coloring but I would use them if I did-

iloveflipflops
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
I love to color too. Especially with my copic markers :)

cindi
12-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I ahve some of both kinds of stamps, but mostly I color, I love it, all the different markers, pencils, paints..bring them on! lol
I do love my copics,and prismas the best though...hours of fun
:yes:

midnitecreations
12-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I love to color too. I could sit and color one image for hours, though sometimes I wonder if anyone but me can tell how long it really took to do an image! lol

Christie
12-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm half and half. I don't mind coloring at all but about half of my stamps don't need it and the other half do. I prefer to color with markers, it goes faster but sometimes I really like blending with my pencils.

directmailscrapper
12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Coloring is what got me into stamping! My BFF and I used to buy those expensive coloring books for adults and color while we chatted! I like making cards ever so much more!

HeatherJ
12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I enjoy colouring images and often take a little stack of stamped images to a hockey game while I am waiting for DS to get dressed and the game to start.

LJ-BRONS1
12-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I have both kinds of stamps, but I really love the ones that need to be colored. Ive tryed just about all the different thing out there. And find my self coming back to my prismas. I've yet to use the gamsol with them, and am looking forward to trying it.

emmcee
12-17-2008, 09:34 PM
I like coloring, too. Sometimes I just grab a bunch of images & my pencils or markers, sit & listen to the TV and color.

maxiesmom
12-17-2008, 10:10 PM
My favorite images are all mostly solid shapes, I am not really huge into coloring. I do have an assortment of markers, watercolor pencils & crayons, regular colored pencils, Kohinoor pencils, blender stuff, waterbrushes, Twinkling H20's. And yet I hardly use those type stamps, go figure!

Erin K
12-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I do like to color.

But I LOVE it when people stamp in a colored ink and then don't color. Think Kim Hughes here. Anyhow I am TRYING to convince myself to do that more. I love the look, but I always feel like I have to color.

I'm also trying to restrain myself to just coloring some details. I've seen that done and it looks nice sort of like old photos that have just touches of color ya know?

Anyhow my point is I'm totally inspired by cards made without coloring.