PDA

View Full Version : Acetate Help!

lost luggage
12-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey- does anyone have a box of acetate handy? I have some, but I have not opened it yet. I don't think it is the correct kind... do you have the type for copiers/printers or the write-on type? :swoon:

Thanks for the help....I think I might need to exchange, but I am not sure.

teabear
12-28-2006, 02:17 AM
I have both...depends on what you want to do with it. You need the copier kind to print on your printer with. You can use either to stamp or use AI on. I hope that helps.

1of2shoes
12-28-2006, 02:20 AM
I have some. I'll bring you some on Saturday if you want to practice with it. I've used this type for alcohol inks and embossing.

lost luggage
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks you guys :) I imagine the write on type is not what I am looking for...probably........

Far North
12-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Some of the printer acetate has one side that is not as slick so the ink adheres. The actetate that is for overheads is the a lot more expensive so thats another reason to use others when possible.
I have been saving all the flat acetate that seems to packaging most everything. I have used it for "windows" is some cards so far.
...Jan

kerry
12-28-2006, 12:06 PM
school. It is the kind that can go through the copier machine and not melt. I use it all the time. I also have melted it using my heat gun to create some cool effects.

Kerry