PDA

View Full Version : Challenge- Using Funky fibres

loobylou
01-06-2009, 04:55 AM
remember funky fibres???
They were all the rage a while back. They are like fancy yarns with great textures. You might be like me, bought a tonne, have heaps left over from your knitting projects and they are sitting there taking up valuable "real estate" in your craft space..
My challenge is to create a project using fibres somewhere. They are great for tags and for bookmarks, fun in place of ribbon, and make great seaweed, hair and a million other things on our stamping projects.
I'm attaching a photo of some of my stash of fibres, incase you don't know what am talking about- and also to convince myself that now is the time to "use it or lose it!"

If you make anything inspired by this challenge please put a photo in the gallery and then come back to this message and tell us all about it. You can do this anytime- no time limit, just a little seed to get your Creative juices flowing in 2009.

GO!!!

loobylou
01-06-2009, 05:11 AM
I know I brought this topic up the other day, and that thread is the one where Jan and I discussed how fun it would be to do challenges again.
I just looked at my photo of my fibres- I think I need Fibre intervention therapy! Yikes, that's a lot of fibres. I am determined to use what I have or recycle/give away to a good cause this year. I hope you will join me in the "purge" by finding creative ways to use up your pretty stuff.
By the way, I just tossed my fibres out on the coffee table to take the photo, I usually store them in a tin, in a drawer (out of sight, out of mind). Having them all out together showed me the magnitude of my "stash".

Paula Carden
01-06-2009, 06:08 AM
I have so many fibers-no one much uses them now.
I will take you up on this challenge-this weekend I will post a new creation.
Thanks for reminded me about all of this "stuff" in several drawers.

emmcee
01-06-2009, 06:36 AM
I have a ton of that stuff myself. I'll see what I can do for the challenge.

maxiesmom
01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Mine is all in a basket I got from an SS once, and out on my table so I have no excuse! I love fiber, have lots of it and yet a friend pointed out to me once when I told her how much I love my fiber, "but you always use ribbon. I didn't think you liked fiber". Excellent challenge as these all are.

Far North
01-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh I love my fibers...I love all the wonderful textures. I love the lush colors. Perhaps it is time to enjoy some more on cards!:wubclub:

Nancy
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
If you post a swap, count me in as I always seem to be missing the ones I like to get into. I have an idea - better yet I better learn to operate the camera I got for the holiday. - Nancy

teabear
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I think I'm ahead of the curve here, I went with the use it or lose it thing a while ago. I gave away all but just a couple of pieces of my fibers. I'll see if I can incorporate what's left into a project. Great challenge.

cindi
01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
ok, Sarah..I took your challenge.
here is (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=20158) an atc I made using funky fibers.
:)

loobylou
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Cindi m your fibres look fab on your ATCs.. I hadn't thought to use them around an ATC.

loobylou
01-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Ok I was inspired by Cindi and used some fibres on my ATCs today. I used them where I would usually use ribbon.
Check this out (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=20159&nocache=1)

Far North
01-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Great cards Cindi and Sarah!

cindi
01-07-2009, 10:51 AM
love it sarah. I can't wait to get this swap back!
:)

loobylou
01-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Has anyone else been playing with their fibres?

limeyscrapper
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Oh - I just found this thread after being away for a month.
Don't tell me that i missed out on a swap to use up some of my fibres!
Well - as I have quite a lot, I just might make a couple of cards as a challenge anyhow.

loobylou
01-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh - I just found this thread after being away for a month.
Don't tell me that i missed out on a swap to use up some of my fibres!
Well - as I have quite a lot, I just might make a couple of cards as a challenge anyhow.

we didn't do a Fibre ATC swap, but I used some on one of my ATCs for my "crazy for rubber stamping" swap.
Sounds like you are another fibre fanatic, I hope you will take up the challenge and show us what you make