PDA

View Full Version : Here are my envies made from calendars!

Christie
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Ok this was too much fun!!! I have a total of three calendars to use! I took a template I always use for making envies and traced it onto velum. I then drew in the lines in the middle so I knew where I wanted my image to be! My template is a little larger then my calendar but I made it work for most of them. I was thinking how sad it would be to cover up these beutiful envies and have decided to stick the postage and the mailing label on the backs of them!!!! So what do you think!!

cindi
01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
these are great!!! and you have lots of calendars to use, too. I only made one so far.
:)

emmcee
01-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Oh these are so cute, especially the one that looks like Jiggs. Let me get a calendar and see what I can do. You girls are inspiring me.

toao
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
**Oh shut up! I MUST know how to make these. **Squeal of delight** Toooooo stinkin' cuuuuute.

logcabincreations
01-06-2009, 04:25 PM
they are awesome

iloveflipflops
01-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Absolutely adorable !!! Love them all, especially Jiggs :)

Swanie78
01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Very cute! And a great idea to use up old calendars instead of going into the trash right away.

irishchristine
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I love them all!!!

Christie
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
**Oh shut up! I MUST know how to make these. **Squeal of delight** Toooooo stinkin' cuuuuute.

lol!! You made me crack up!!! :biglaugh: About two years ago I very carefully pulled a store bought envie apart and traced it onto thick cardboard. I've been using it every since. Then today Sherri posted the challenge to make envies from calendars so I took that template I made and traced it onto velum so I could see through it then I drew the lines where it needed to be folded so I knew where I wanted the scene to be. Next just cut out, fold and glue! Easy peasy!!!!

mydogstinks2
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I love them and the idea but I have a question-

Do you cover the inside or does it show the days of the week when opened?

We write alot of stuff on our calenders. I want to make some of these envies. So I'm guessing I need to cover the inside of mine so that if I send a card it does not show that I took my dog to the vets on June 8th to be wormed. LOL

Christie
01-06-2009, 05:29 PM

We write alot of stuff on our calenders. I want to make some of these envies. So I'm guessing I need to cover the inside of mine so that if I send a card it does not show that I took my dog to the vets on June 8th to be wormed. LOL

I need to cover the inside of mine too. It shows all kinds of good stuff! LOL!! I'm like you, I write everything down on my calendar. I didn't think that far in advance when making these. It wasn't until I looked on the inside of them that I decided I needed to cover them! LOL!!!

cindi
01-06-2009, 05:33 PM
maybe yopu can use matching paper from the card that your putting in them, to cover all these chicken scratchings.
lol

midnitecreations
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Those are adorable. Love Jiggy. I too write a lot on my calendars, and will make sure I cover those "chicken scratches" before I glue the envies together!

Christie
01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
maybe yopu can use matching paper from the card that your putting in them, to cover all these chicken scratchings.
lol

That's a good idea...I'll have to see if I have enough of it left over.

Spartymom
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I made an envelope using the Shrek January! Well, it had my moms birthday marked on it. How fitting, since I was sending a thank you card to my MOM!

loobylou
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Christie, Your envelopes are great. So smart to put the address and postage on the back. Wouldn't it be fun to turn the envelope over and see that cute dog smiling at you?

Mrs. Fence
01-06-2009, 07:58 PM
These are great Christie! I think I may have to try a couple.

shadoob
01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Cute..especially the DOG one!!

toao
01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah baby! I have 3 calendars to hack up. Mwahahahahaha. *evil laugh*

cindi
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh yeah baby! I have 3 calendars to hack up. Mwahahahahaha. *evil laugh*

lol, Mary!! be sure to show us when your done!

mahodgman
01-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Not only do my envelopes show the days of the week inside the flap, but they also show the handwriting of junk I wrote on the calendar.

ccstampin12
01-07-2009, 09:11 AM
These are wonderful!
Tell me again where that template is...just in case I ever get time to do some of these!
Joanie

cindi
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Joanie Sherri posted a link to teh template under her thread about challenging us to recycle opur calendars. HTH

Christie
01-07-2009, 11:29 AM
These are wonderful!
Tell me again where that template is...just in case I ever get time to do some of these!
Joanie

The template I used is one I made from a store bought envie. I just very carefully peeled apart the envie and traced it onto thick cardboard.