PDA

View Full Version : New Trader Joe's recommendation

lost luggage
12-29-2006, 03:53 PM
I just ate the Steelcut oatmeal from TJ's. It is great!! I highly recommend it. :spinny: (frozen section.)

I don't do WW, but here is the information:

Fat 2.5g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 40g
Total Carbs 27g
Dietary fiber 4g
Protein 5g
Sugar 7g

it is SOOOOO delicious!

iloveflipflops
12-29-2006, 03:56 PM
is it a grocery store? I think we have a new one going up in Charlotte, not too far from me.

How many calories does it have and I can check how many points it is per serving?

lost luggage
12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
ok...150 calories.

Trader Joes is AWESOME! You should go there for sure. It is a grocery store, but more independent. Excellent wine and cheese...imported things.. on eof my favorite things is the cheese. Everywhere else you go, buying cheese is like buying a cadilac. At TJ's it's affordable! And always fresh.. one thing I will say is that you kind of need to know what's in there before you get there. It's a little hard to find stuff. BUT everything is good and I am an expert, so when you get ready to go, let me know. lol

iloveflipflops
12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Holy Moly. Only 2 points per serving. I will DEFINITELY look into that whenever its built. They haven't even broken ground on it. I just saw a sign for it that it is coming so it could be a while.

lost luggage
12-29-2006, 04:01 PM
That's good news I guess. :)

Dr. Oz said fiber "sticks", so that's why I tried it. That is what I mean about the word of mouth...my friend's friend in Michigan told my friend in Long Beach who told me about here. lol I am glad I got some! PLUS it was only $1.59 for 2 hearty servings!

iloveflipflops
12-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow. Word sure travels fast! ha ha

Does it come in different flavors? Its their brand? Can I order it online?

lost luggage
12-29-2006, 04:03 PM
It's there own brand....no flavors, just one: Brown sugar and maple syrup. A lot of the stuff there is their own delicious brand. :) You wont find Doritos, general mills, kellogg....just great food for less. I guess you can say it is not "commercial. Next time I get their ad, I'll mail it to you :winks:

jdpisces
12-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I LOOOOOOOVE Trader Joe's. I haven't had their oatmeal, but they have some really great "cold" cereals. I love their shredded wheat. They have great pizzas and I love their Savory Mini Crackers....I could eat them for a living.

Julie

workin4stamps
12-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm so jealous. No Trader Joe's anywhere close to me. I've heard lots about them though. Maybe someday.

Traci

mahodgman
12-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Gotta try the No Pudge Brownie mixes too! I've seen them at other stores, but TJs has the best price.

I always think of TJ as a cheap health food store. They have a lot of things that expensive health food stores have, but they are way cheaper!

maxiesmom
12-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Mine is about a half hour away. Ok, this is gross, but funny. When I took my mom there last year, I saw that they have organic tampons.
Why they would make something like this? Is there really a need?

Erin K
12-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't have a trader joe's! I want one! Where else can I get that steal cut oatmeal? I keep hearing it's good stuff to eat...

Is it heavy? Maybe someone could ship me a case?

kerry
12-29-2006, 11:22 PM
We have Trader Joe's here too. I love getting their "ad" in the mail. It is like an old fashioned magazine.

They have great international treats too!

teabear
12-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I buy mine at Trader Joes, too, but in the cereal section. It takes about 30 minutes to cook it on the stove, but it's so good. Sometimes it's called irish oats. Just be sure it says steel cut oatmeal on the package. I cook more than I can eat and refrigerate the left over to warm up the next day. It's really rib-sticking breakfast.

hbpuppy
12-30-2006, 02:16 PM
3 cheers for TJ's. We have 2 within 15 minutes of my house. We but their frozen fish. I agree with Julie on the cheese recommendation but all of the dairy-butter, milk, etc. is a lot cheaper than the grocery store. Oh Sherri, you are going to love this place. They have the yummiest frozen food. So good and healthy it's like you made it yourself. Oh, and if you buy nutrition bars, they are a lot cheaper here too.

Heather