PDA

View Full Version : Website Performance

Sherry
12-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey ladies,

I was wondering how you are finding the website performance tonight? I've contacted our webhost about your issues (504 Gateway Errors, Database Errors, Lag Time, and cases of getting the royal boot) and was told that they will investigate the problem. They also mentioned that the Stamp Shack website was a very active one so perhaps they will adjust some settings to accomodate the traffic we get here.

I have noticed that the website, from my end anyway, has been spectacular tonight. It has been super fast and I haven't received any errors at all. How are you all making out?

I appreciate your comments!

dgbearsmom
12-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Sherry, I have only experienced one problem and that was this afternoon. I clicked on the New Posts tab at the top and got some weird database error. Then it kicked me off. I was able to get right back on and have not experienced any other problems today. I had also not experienced any problems prior to that, but I'm not on here as long as some others. I come and go.

Judy

GrammaStamper
12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm not having any problems whatsoever. The site is running just fine for me.

Christie
12-29-2006, 09:21 PM
No problems tonight here either! Everything is working just perfect!

iloveflipflops
12-29-2006, 09:33 PM
While in chat tonight, my computer froze up 4 times.

Sherry
12-29-2006, 09:36 PM
While in chat tonight, my computer froze up 4 times.

I think that issue is due to the chat program itself and not the website and/or host. It seems to have been acting up ever since I installed the MP3 Module. Perhaps it's time that I remove it or even look for a different chat program.

ccstampin12
12-29-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm still having trouble with the gallery entries. I can view some only by clicking on the box where the card should be.
Joanie

smileycollector
12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Sherry! The site seems to be working perfectly for me! Love it here!!
:) Smiles, Pam

Sherry
12-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm still having trouble with the gallery entries. I can view some only by clicking on the box where the card should be.
Joanie

That is very weird, Joanie. I see no issues with the gallery at all.

Can you explain to me what you are seeing? Are you seeing no graphics, just empty boxes?

ccstampin12
12-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I think I have unique maladies!
LOL
I have to click on the boxes....each contains a small red "x"
The ones on the first gallery page that are boxes instead of actual pix are posted by:
lavandula
LJ-BRONS
swanie78
I wish I didn't have to have these "issues~":nod:
I know how hard you are working, and much as I love attention, this isn't the sort we desire!!!
J

Sherry
12-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I think I have unique maladies!
LOL
I have to click on the boxes....each contains a small red "x"
The ones on the first gallery page that are boxes instead of actual pix are posted by:
lavandula
LJ-BRONS
swanie78
I wish I didn't have to have these "issues~":nod:
I know how hard you are working, and much as I love attention, this isn't the sort we desire!!!
J

Oh my, that isn't a nice problem at all. Unfortunately, I have NO idea what would be causing this. I had a look at the gallery and all of the photos are showing. Hmm, let me investigate and see if I can come up with something for you.

Christie
12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
I think that issue is due to the chat program itself and not the website and/or host. It seems to have been acting up ever since I installed the MP3 Module. Perhaps it's time that I remove it or even look for a different chat program.

I sometimes get frozen up in chat too! I forgot about that but otherwise all is good!

Deborah
12-31-2006, 01:07 AM
No problems at all so far, LOVING how much FASTER it is...or is that my imagination?

Swanie78
12-31-2006, 01:49 AM
I had a problem getting in earlier. But that only lasted a few minutes and then I was able to get in with no problems.
CCstampin12....the problem seeing pix might be on your end with your memory. If you dont have enough memory available your computer will cut out the files that use the largest amount of memory (virtual memory)to load a page. Run the scan disk and get rid of a bunch of stuff, then clear your history and try again :) My desktop PC does this frequently because of all the stuff I have on it.

lost luggage
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I experienced a small lag again last night....around 8-10 Pacific...not as bad as the other day, but noticeable for sure.

jdpisces
12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Last night around 11:30 or so (central) I tried for at least 10 minutes and could get into the site at all. I could access all sites perfectly fine.