PDA

View Full Version : Did you know eggs could EXPLODE???

shadoob
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
well...dingbat Cheryl is at it again....
I was boiling eggs and kind of forgot about them...:wacko:

About an hour later, I heard noises coming from downstairs..hhmmm..I wonder what that could be....when I went downstairs, there were bits of eggs ALL OVER the kitchen! It was hilarious! It also stunk like disgustingness!!! major icko!!

The eggs were literally all over the kitchen..so, next time you want a smell to permeate your home and you want a fancy new decoration around your kitchen...just boil those egss for anout an hour!!! ;)

Darleneh710
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
lol...thanks for the laugh Cheryl...sorry this happened, but it made me laugh especially with the visual lol

cindi
02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I never knew they would explode while boiling. I thought maybe you microwaved some or something.
to quote Lynard Skynard...ooooohhhhh that smell, the smell of it surrounds you.
LOL!!!
:swoon:

jazzypurple853
02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh my goodness! At least your laughing abut it. Eggs can explode in the microwave too! I've made omelets in the microwave, and it splatters in the microwave. Do you have a timer on your stove. I set the timer when I do eggs, that way I know they are done!

teabear
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
This sounds like something I would do. I'm really grateful for a whistling tea kettle. Sometimes it surprises me. LOL

paperprintss
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow, good thing I don't cook or I am sure I would have done worse by now.

GotCats?
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Hahaha--my dad was trying to boil eggs (I was surprised he knew how to boil water), and discovered they were not done well enough. He thought he could finish them in the microwave. He figured he would be smart and remove the shell (apparently the yolks were not totally set), and that would fix it from exploding.

He was wrong. We will never let him forget it!

frankiesue
02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Cheryl what are you like............ have you been taking cooking lessons from Sue (ArtyFarty) LOL

I hate the smell of burnt Eggs... My Nan often forgot about them

Rebecca
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Now that sounds like something I would do! LOL
Cindi...I thought of the same Skynard song.

Christie
02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL! I'm sure that was a big mess to clean up!

logcabincreations
02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
rofl....you'll be finding bits of egg for awhile...:)

TiikkiStars
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh goodness!!! That definitely gave me quite a visual with a big chuckle!! So sorry about the cleanup though!

:> Karen

Christie
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I just remembed about 5 years ago I was given a pressure cooker and was cooking a roast when all of a sudden I heard a giant explosion. The stupid thing exploded on me and was shooting food all over the kitchen! It's a good thing I wasn't in there, I could of been hurt. That was a big mess to clean!

shadoob
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Yikes on the pressure cooker..those things scare me!...but obviously I have trouble with a regular pot so just imagine what havoc I could create with a pressure cooker!

cindi
02-27-2009, 10:31 PM
oh man. maybe we should arm our military with eggs and pressure cookers. imagine that!!
:shocked:

ccstampin12
02-28-2009, 07:56 AM
I definitely am not a cook, but this is how I make hardboiled eggs.
I put the eggs into a pot with cold water and heat to boiling.
When there's a rolling boil, I leave the pot on the burner, but I turn it off, and put the cover on the pot.
I let them stand for 20 minutes and then I cool them off in a hurry...cold water and ice. They come out perfectly every time!
I'm sorry you had an eggy incident, Cheryl and I'm sure you really do know how to do it! I am always afraid I will forget something on the stove since I cook so infrequently! LOL
Joanie

Mrs. Fence
02-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry about your mess, Cheryl, but it did give me a chuckle. Not long ago, I was putting a plastic gallon jar of mayonaise in the fridge, and dropped it on the floor...needless to say, I had mayonaise from my kitchen to my dining room! It was a HUGE mess! LOL at least mayo doesn't stink like overboiled eggs!!!

shadoob
02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
yeah...I really do know how to make eggs...and actually- my mother gave me an egg cooker a few years ago but I keep forgetting it! I love the idea of eggs and pressure cookers for our armed forces though....what a sight that would be!

ccstampin12
02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
After being hit with eggs the enemy could easily be located by their smell! LOL
Joanie

limeyscrapper
02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Funny Cheryl! This happened to me only a week ago. I had four eggs on the stove and went back downstairs into the office to finish up something. Luckily I heard the first pop - and I ran back into the kitchen in time to save the rest of the eggs from exploding all over the kitchen. So I had only a little mess to clean up - but yes - the smell - ugh - not appetizing at all.

mydogstinks2
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
LMAO... sorry about your mess but that was funny!

CharityHand
02-28-2009, 04:00 PM
My mom did that once!! I've nearly done that a million times. lol