PDA

View Full Version : I got a dog today!

Erin K
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
His name is Wilbur.

Brian is already falling in love with him, he's just the best dog ever. GREAT with the boys. He's just a great dog. :)

Like this, on the drive home, he sat between the boys in the back seat and just sat there looking all over. Didn't even stand up.

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
OMG!!! He is so cute and I am so happy for you!!!!!

Congrats!!!

How old is he??? Give us details!

mydogstinks2
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

cindi
03-24-2009, 06:40 PM
yes, he is cute!!
we DO need the details, how did you talk Brian into it?? how old is he, where did you get him? do tell
:)

shadoob
03-24-2009, 06:41 PM
What a cutie!!! yes, I want details too....

Christie
03-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Awww, Wilbur is cute!! I use to have a dog named that when I was little!!! Where did you get him?

hutchink
03-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Congrats! I am so happy for you all! Wilbur is a great name and what a cutie!

Erin K
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok so we had liked a dog Becky online. We went into the shelter to look at her and to say, "and any dogs your recomend for a family with small kids..." Well Becky was rated to not go to small kids. We were suprised as we saw her and she was very sweet. Annie was another dog we liked, that was not for small kids. We did not notice Wilbur, he went under our radar. The councelor recomended him to us. We met him and loved him. So friendly, pretty cute (I'll admit, there were cuter dogs) didn't pull the leash. He is only 8 months though. And we didn't want a puppy. But he's SO mellow, I mean fun and playful, but not puppy-ish at the same time. So we went home, prayed about it. Worked out all the details. Then Brian said, "go do it, buy all the dog stuff first, then go get that dog and bring it home"

Well Wilbur is EVEN BETTER in our home. He's chill, like he just lives here. We ate dinner and he didn't beg at the table, he SAT in the dining room and watched us, but not right on top of us or anything.

He did try to dig some in the yard, but he stoped when we told him to.

We are going to enrole him in the obediance classes they have.

cecescraps
03-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Ohhhhhhh... such a sweet doggie and story Erin. So happy you were able to help a dog in need and I'm sure he will LOVE the boys and they'll love him right back. :)

suzi_f
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm glad you got a dog you want! He is a cutie!

cindi
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
it sounds likwe a well thought out decision, and I hope Wilbur will be a joyful part of your family. so, do the boys just love him??

GotCats?
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Aw, give him hugs from me!!!

scrappinnuts
03-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Wilbur is very Cute Erin... I am sure he things he is already part of the family..Congrats!

maxiesmom
03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Was Keagan gone when you went there? He was a cutie too. So glad you used your feminine wiles to convince him you all needed a dog! Yeah, so happy for you!

iloveflipflops
03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Is Wilbur sleeping in your bed between the 2 of you? LOL He looks so cute and cuddily.

Kreative Dryve
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
What a cutie! Glad Brian caved, everyone needs a pet to love!

tesschap
03-24-2009, 08:30 PM
How adorable Erin. What do the boys think? I bet they are so excited! I am so happy for you and your family.

workin4stamps
03-24-2009, 09:02 PM
That is really awesome!!!! I wouldn't trade my dog for anything in the world. Even though I vacuum constantly--- he is totally worth it!!!! I think everyone should have a dog. It's also great that you adopted one that needed a home.

congrats again.....

Erin K
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Here he is sleeping. He's like he owns the place. I had a friend over to watch Gossip Girl and he was smashing himself between us on the couch, totally tummy up nudging Roniece to rub him. :)

Now he's sleeping with this one ear sticking up.

directmailscrapper
03-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Wilbur sounds PERFECT! I love his name!

cindi
03-24-2009, 10:17 PM
aww, that is super cute! is he an indoor doggie? meaning will he sleep inside? maybe go out in the day? are you going to walk him? I loved walking sam when we had her.

logcabincreations
03-24-2009, 10:27 PM
That's great :)

TiikkiStars
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow, Erin!! You're good! You got Brian to change his mind fast!! Looks like Wilbur is right at home.....have fun with him!! :>

:> Karen

Erin K
03-24-2009, 10:52 PM
aww, that is super cute! is he an indoor doggie? meaning will he sleep inside? maybe go out in the day? are you going to walk him? I loved walking sam when we had her.

He will be 90% indoor. Outside for poops, pees and exercise. Yeah he will be doing my morning walks. Brian hopes to take him on his evening runs too. And then of course we all like doing fetch with him, he is great at it, drops the ball for you and all.

Yeah sleep inside. I hope right beside my bed, on the floor. If it were just me he'd sleep in the bed but I don't think Brian's game for that. He wants to sleep in Stephen's room and maybe he can in a few weeks when I trust him a bit more. :)

cindi
03-24-2009, 11:05 PM
He will be 90% indoor. Outside for poops, pees and exercise. Yeah he will be doing my morning walks. Brian hopes to take him on his evening runs too. And then of course we all like doing fetch with him, he is great at it, drops the ball for you and all.

Yeah sleep inside. I hope right beside my bed, on the floor. If it were just me he'd sleep in the bed but I don't think Brian's game for that. He wants to sleep in Stephen's room and maybe he can in a few weeks when I trust him a bit more. :)

when my folks Trained Brandy (a lab) to sleep beside their bed, they bought a 4 foot woven rug and placed it next to teh bed where they wanted her to sleep, so at night when it was time for bed they would tell her night night and she learned to lay on her rug. That's a thought for you.

teabear
03-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Oh, Erin, he looks like a wonderful dog. You are so clever to ask for an older dog who is good with kids. Congrats on your new family member, and I love his name.

teabear
03-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh, just one thing. If you have a pool, make sure you teach him how to get out of it.

1of2shoes
03-25-2009, 02:31 AM
He is adorable. He looks like he's full of energy and ready to play ball with the boys. Good choice, Erin.

P.S. Even Cheeto says he's cute. For a dog.

Paula Carden
03-25-2009, 07:28 AM
He is cute, good for you getting a dog from the Shelter!!

jazzypurple853
03-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Congrads to you on your new addition to your family.

shuggy
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
what a cute doggie!

mahodgman
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Welcome, Wilbur! He is a cutie, and I'm so happy you found a pet who is good with small children.

Erin K
03-25-2009, 08:51 AM
I just took Wilbur on his first walk with me. We will go every morning, it's my regular exercise.

He was very good. He did sniff around a lot, totally normal, so I didn't get to keep up my usual pace. But I bet he will get used to the smells and stuff and focus. He did stop and sit for me when I needed him to. He pooped, but i had a bag so I got to have that pet owner joy. He doesn't like cars. He would cross me to be away from any cars. I think that's fine. He tired to chase a squirel but I told him "NO Wilbur" and he came back to me (on the leash, came back to right by me).

Oh he didn't pull the leash at all (cept for the squirel) there was slack the whole time, he just walked around and sniffed.

He slept fine. I woke up at 4 to pee, so I took him out to pee too. He slept part by my bed and part by the couch, which we don't mind.

Robinkay
03-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Congrats on your new addition! Wilbur looks so happy!

Erin K
03-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm going to keep my dog rambling to this one thread, but I feel like I want to tell someone everything he does!!!

He is sleeping under the dining room table right now. He did clean my dining room floor for me last night (ethan is a messy eater still)