PDA

View Full Version : Are any of YOU dressing up for Halloween?

jdpisces
10-21-2006, 06:43 PM
I am going to a Halloween Party next weekend and have NO ideas! A costume is mandatory too. The hostess suggested dressing up as my favorite song?!?!? I don't what I would do for that.

Julie

lbakerc42
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
We have already gone to some dress-up events and I have gone as a princess. I bought a costume this year that cost $30 and I will wear it every year til I die now -lol.

tojoco
10-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Julie, what's your favorite song?

teabear
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
It's next week and I have no clue. I really don't like Halloween. I'm thinking of just getting a witch hat and wearing black :)

jdpisces
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't know what my favorite song is...I'll have to think about this.

Julie

GrammaStamper
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Many, many years ago we used to host Halloween parties. I've dressed up as a Geisha, Early Settler woman of the house, and a pregnant nun (DH went as a priest). No offense to anyone meant here. We have seen people dressed up as presents by using a box covered in wrapping paper and suspended over their shoulder with suspenders, a Quaker woman (ie. Plymouth Rock settlers), someone covered with balloons (make sure you wear real clothes underneath as the balloons will be popped during the evening.

My DH (former) has been a sheik, a woman (looked just like his mother), a ship's captain and his most funny one was a Playboy bunny. Boy, was his little cottontail sore at the end of the night! LOL! No attempt was made to hide chest hair or anything like that and it was a costume selected because our daughters liked it and it was the last one left. Shop early if renting!

pixel8ed
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I was invited to a pirate themed party, which pretty much decided the costume for me. I hit the second hand store last night and picked up a pair of men's black pants that I'll chop off, some striped socks, and a red tshirt that I'll cut up a bit and paint a skull and crossbones on. I also picked up an eye patch, but I don't think I'll be able to wear that part of the costume. I tried it on and it just feels too weird.

lost luggage
10-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I am frightening enough as it is these days without a costume. ;)

iloveflipflops
10-21-2006, 07:49 PM
In fact, I am not sure I have gotten dressed up in a costume since I was a teenager. I just never get invited to halloween parties. Oh wait a minute, I did dress up one year when i went as a witch to the kid's school party. All the adults (teachers included) had to dress up. HA HA

I want to see a photo of whatever you come up with!!!!

cahinton
10-21-2006, 08:04 PM
I have always love Halloween. I think I like it so much because I always use to dress up and pretend to be someone else when I was young. This year I'm dressing up as a skelton which I decided to buy instead of make. I like to scare the kiddies lol! When I was in my twenties and living in Ottawa, boy did I love celebrating Halloween. Every year I just kept adding new decorations. One year I turned myself into a pumpkin person and of course I threw a party. It was fun to make. I took one of those fake pumpkins and carved a face. I then stuck in eyeballs that flashed (battery operated) and sewed old patches on overalls. I almost sufficated in the darn thing but it was fun. For Halloween I sat in a chair outside and scared the heck out of the kids lol. When I left Ottawa and moved up to Waterloo, I gave most of my Halloween stuff away to friends. At one point I had more Halloween decorations than Christmas LOL!

Carol

kawslw2
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
for along time. but i just was reading a book and it was so funny. they lady in it didnt want to dress up but she had to do something. so she grabbed a box of cereal and put a plastic knife sticking out of it and said she was a cereal killer. i thought it was so funny. never would have thought of that.

MidwestStamper
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
I Just heard this same story tonight, when we were discussing different costumes!

cahinton
10-21-2006, 11:43 PM
cereal killer LOL!

stampcrazyjulie
10-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I haven't decided if I am going to dress up or not! Since every other year for the past 7 years I have been pregnant, I haven't been able to wear the same Costume because nothing fit! One year I was a Pregnant Nun (Very popular I found out!) Another year I was a Pregnant Minnie Mouse, and another year I was a Cereal (Serial) Killer.... I had my hair all tweaked out with cereal stuck (hair sprayed) all over & a box of cereal hanging around my neck with a plastic knife through the center. That was a fun costume & I got alot of comments! :)

I have seen alot of fun Adult Costumes out this year. You could always go as Stella Stamper...!! :)

stampcrazyjulie
10-21-2006, 11:53 PM
OMG! We must have been typing at the same time I just read Karen's post about the character in a book she was reading went as a Ceral Killer! Too funny! And to think I thought it was an original idea! :)

LinzyD
10-22-2006, 02:18 AM
I dressed up as a "Queen Bee" last year...I bought a bee costume for $20 bucks and then I bought a sceptor and crown...I took Bits of Honey candies to the party and passed them out. The year before that I was a fairy...I bought some fairy wings (they were AWESOME) and wore white tights and ballet shoes...the skirt I made myself by tying different pastel colors of tulle on a long ribbon and then tying it around my waist (I wore a white skirt underneath). I even had little pointy fairy/elf ears! I got a lot of comments on both costumes! You guys remember when the "Scream" painting was stolen a few years ago (now it's been recovered, but anywho..)? I saw a costume idea were someone dressed up as a black cat and then carried a print of that painting around...they were a cat burgger! Once in high school a friend of mine wore a white sheet with a sign pinned to her front that said "I am NOT a ghost...I am just a sheet that has lost it's fold"...most of the houses we trick or treated didn't get the joke...actually...now that I think about it, I'm not sure I get it either....
Anyways, I hope this tread gave you some ideas!
Linzy:D