PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it???

Darleneh710
01-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Three (3) hours into the new year and I already got in an accident. I was leaving my mom's around 3am or so and the roads where I live were very icy and I didn't realize it and I crashed the front of my car into a small part of one of the fences that surrounds my apt building. My car only has a couple of marks on it and I am O.K., but that fence is another story...My only hope is that this accident is not the scene of how the rest of the year is going to be for me...b/c 2006 was not that great of a year for me...However, one of the highlights of 2006 was that I met all of you wonderful ladies...I just hope I have a better year this year than last.
:)
Darlene

LinzyD
01-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Nah :nah: , I'm sure it's not a preview of what's to come...just getting it outta the way so the rest of your year would be fabulous! :nod:
Linzy

mydogstinks2
01-01-2007, 04:55 AM
OH-NO!! I do hope your years gets TONS better!! I'm glad your ok and your car only has a few scraches! Poor fence! LOL:twitcy:

ccstampin12
01-01-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm glad you're OK and hope you're not too shaken up!
This year has GOTTA be better that last! That's an order!!!
LOL
ME:D

Erin K
01-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh good news, Fences don't count! I never have counted them. (poles don't count either) So there you go, no accident. I don't know how people drive on ice anyhow, I'm amazed you don't get in an accidnet every day!

This won't be the trend for your year! It just will not.

suzi_f
01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
OMG, you poor thing. Not a good way to start the year. I'm sure it's all out of your "system" now. Happier New Year to you!

Nancy
01-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Last year when I was in OH my daughter in law said why dont you go shopping or something. I answered until the streets are black and not white I am not going. Black Ice is even worse. But havent driven in snow for about 15 years and it really does scare me today. Long ago it never bothed me. So all of you be careful. Will you have to fix the fence? - Nancy A

iloveflipflops
01-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh no!! Glad you are ok. Be careful out there.

Firecracker
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm so glad you are okay. I'm sending you a big hug. Hugs, Heather

Darleneh710
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Everyone...for your humor, well wishes and kind thoughts. I hope I don't have to fix the fence, not sure yet...I called them when it happened and left a voicemail, but no one has gotten back to me yet and I haven't gone outside yet, but I have to go to M's today so I will be heading out soon.
hugs,

PS- Erin, I like that fences and poles don't count LOL

shuggy
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
i'm glad you are ok! the fence can live with a broken post or two!!!

teabear
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Darlene, I'm so sorry to hear about your scary start to the New Year. I agree with everyone else, since you didn't go to bed yet...this was just the last straw for yucky 2006. Today is the new start...I hope you find lots of bargains at M's.

cindi
01-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm glad your ok!! darn icy roads!!:arghh:
I'm sure you'll have a happy rest of the year!!
:)