PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made Smeeps before? Suzi, don't look since you hate marshmallows!

iloveflipflops
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/04/how-to-make-smeeps-smores-plus-peeps-easter-candy.html

:biglaugh:

logcabincreations
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
ha ha -- that's hilarious! No -- I've never had them....boy do they look awfully sweet :) One bite would probably be enough.

Erin K
04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
the pic of them burned a little is sad. :(

I've never had any type of smore. the idea freaks me out. I don't like things with my chocolate

Robinkay
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Chris say the best peeps are stale. OMG!!! :+p She buys the peeps and cuts the package open & lets them set for I don't know how long. Ewwww.

Far North
04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
The peeps enlarge quickly in the microwave....but be very careful they also explode and make a big mess to clean up!

tojoco
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Ooooooo they look yummy!

iloveflipflops
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Chris say the best peeps are stale. OMG!!! :+p She buys the peeps and cuts the package open & lets them set for I don't know how long. Ewwww.

STALE PEEPS? You eat stale peeps???? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

mydogstinks2
04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
STALE PEEPS? You eat stale peeps???? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YUMMYYYYYYYY they are AWESOME stale!! I let them sit about 3 days open.

suzi_f
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
of course I had to look 'cause you said not to! They don't look good AT ALL!!! Look way too sweet & too sticky. Do y'all make RKT in the microwave? I hate them but I make them for my family. The only good thing is it's cool watching the marshmallows fluff up so big & then, when you stir them, they turn to liquid. From a purely "scientific" point of view, cool!! (BTW, I bought some pre-packaged RKT to take w/me to SAP!)

I could see where stale peeps would be better than fresh peeps.

1of2shoes
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I just might have to make those. I love Peeps!

logcabincreations
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes Suzi I make RKT in the microwave :)

Wouldn't stale peeps get crunchy after awhile??

iloveflipflops
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I bet Chris loves them crunchy!!! ha ha

Erin K
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
You can make RKT in the microwave????? How long do I cook it, how do I do it??? I need to make some!

tesschap
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
You can make RKT in the microwave????? How long do I cook it, how do I do it??? I need to make some!

The microwave recipe is on the box. Here's what it says ...

In microwave safe bowl heat margarine or butter and marshmellows on HIGH for three minutes, stirring after two minutes. Stir until smooth. Add rice crispie cereal, stir until well coated and spread into pan.

I bought a bag of those pink marshmellows and they have a recipe for RKT so I may give them a try. I wonder how many points in a RKT?!!!

Erin K
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Well melt me down and call me a treat, I had no idea. I've not made them in years because of the blasted cleanup. This sounds a smidge better.

tesschap
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Well melt me down and call me a treat, I had no idea. I've not made them in years because of the blasted cleanup. This sounds a smidge better.

It is a lot easier to clean up this way. I have an inexpensive large plastic bowl that came in a set from Family Dollar a few years ago. It fits perfectly into the microwave and has room to stir in the rice crispies. It washes up pretty easily too. I can see those dinosaur and octi shaped RKT's you'll be creating now! :)

suzi_f
04-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I would NEVER make them if it wasn't for the microwave. I HAD to make them at work, picture a GIANT pan of them & we didn't have a microwave big enough for it. ICK!!! I HATED making RKT at work!!!

Mrs. Fence
04-16-2009, 10:50 PM

ROTFL! :biglaugh: One of the Docs who used to work with Jacob when he was little LOVED stale peeps! We used to buy tons of them at Easter, then bribe him with them later in the year. I thought he was the only one who liked them that way.