PDA

View Full Version : preparing for ink-a-palooza..

cindi
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
so ladies I am thinking ahead to Friday and getting so excited for Ink-a-palooza!!! I'm thrilled that a weekend I was was bum med out about has turned into over a week on fun fun fun!!!
So today I started thinking .. thsi is a great event and just like the shack-a-palooza girls..I was thinking we need to get ready. By getting ready I mean, I must have chocolate on my craft table ,...and by my computer as welll!! I will want som,e fun snacks on hand.
So Lets all post our ideas of what we will do to get in the Palooza mood!

I think m&m's are an official palooza food..right??
so I will fill up candy dishes, and hide them from df..lol..unless he makes a card, then I'll have to share!:v_SPIN:
so ladies what will you do??
lets have some fun with this.
:)

Far North
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh I am so glad I am not the only one thinking that I need a little stash to keep the energy going through the long week of stamping challenges. I agree M&M first on my list too--mine with peanuts please. My other choice is some gummy fruity candy.

I must say the other concern is thinking about less cooking prep time--perhaps a couple meals in the crockpot....ah-h whole chicken was on sale this week. I will have to go pull out your crockpot chicken recipe Cindi. I am making a new grocery list...oh-ooo yes, I need more fresh strawberries too! Thanks for getting me thinking Cindi!

Artyfarty
04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Im afraid my stash is not so exciting but hey I got strawberries..hmm do i coat in chocolate ..(sue stop being naughty ..oops my devil side speaking ha ha)..nope must be good...strawberries and fruit slices for me. Weight watchers however have bought out somedevilish choc brownie desert [pots so may sneak one in !!.
I will be joining in and look forward to some fun .
Music by donny osmond or the stylistics maybe even a bit of rod stewart to get me in the mood lol

Paula Carden
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree, I will find some M and M's and when I get back from Chapel Hill on Thursday eve I will clean off my stamping table. I have been working on swaps and cards this past week.
I am ready to create- of course this weekend I have to prepare for vac as we will leave on May 1 and I have to work right through til Thurs afternoon.
But I am committed to try making some projects until I leave.

cindi
04-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Good thought sue, I will get my music cd's loaded into the cd player in case teh radio isn't doing it for me.

Jan, great idea about the crockpot!!
:)

Jadyeebugsaunt
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
All the ladies , have fun , on here and in Indiana, I got the poolza at home kit, but won'tbe doing anything for a couple of weeks still, packing is what ill be doing.

Firecracker
04-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I have my ipod ready to go and plenty of Diet Coke! Hugs, Heather

teabear
04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Just got home from the grocery store, so I'm all stocked up. Some fresh fruit and oreos ought to keep me rolling. I've got my stamping table pretty clean. I think I'll have my itunes rolling, too.

cecescraps
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I need to finish loading my stuff back in to my room~ I had to move everything out when the basement flooded a few weeks ago. Oh, and I need to get my music downloaded onto the ipod Patrick graciously gave me after I bought the new version and he informed me that I didn't "need" that one and could have his old one. :) Hmmm... snacks and food for the kids... gotta work on that. I'm so excited!!

Paula Carden
04-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes

Instead of music I have the TV so I can watch hgtv, Qvc, lifetime network etc and the computer close by so I can check in t the shack.

limeyscrapper
04-21-2009, 07:26 PM
It sounds like everyone is getting ready for a fun time.
I will have mostly healthy snacks, as I don't want to ruin all the hard work I've done over the last 18 months. But I might sneak in just a few M&Ms as they are my favourites. More important to me is to have a good selection of music to listen to while I'm stamping.
I like a little of everything - Michael Buble, Eric Clapton, the Beatles, Enya - they are all lined up by my CD player, just waiting for me to find time to stamp. And of course I will spend some of that time right here at the Shack.

cindi
04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm getting really excited! I sharpened all my water color & prisma pencils today!! gotta be ready, ya know
:jiggy:

Far North
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Cindi this is really helpful...thanks so much! I just realized I probably should re-ink all my distress ink pads since they are my go-to set. I will do that tonight. Oh yes, I also need to pull out a new ream of white card stock and perhaps I will cut some of it into quarter sheets.

cindi
04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
hey, Jan, thats a great idea of cutting some cardstock card bases, then it will be just grab one and go! I like it!
:spinny:

teabear
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Great tips, ladies. The hardest part for me will be leaving it all here on Saturday for a few days. I'll be able to play on Friday and then pick up again on Tuesday.

emmcee
04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I've got to get a few things, especially Diet Coke. A little bit of chocolate...

Paula Carden
04-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Good idea Jan to get some cardstock ready - I can't wait to see what all of the challenges are and the projects completed.

hutchink
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
I moved around my studio so I can plug my laptop in . I got plenty of coffee and coke zero- My zune has new music on it - just need some m&m and licorice! Have the meals planed out for the guys! I am almost set to rock and roll!

morgainegeiser
04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I am on a diet, and I really trying hard to stay away from candy, so I got my water all stocked, some 100 calorie goodies and some air pop popcorn ready to roll. I have a couple of mix c.d.'s I got in a swap for stamping music, I think I will go dig those out and have them to listen to. Sounds fun!