PDA

View Full Version : Please share with me your favorite crock pot beef stew recipe

Fief14
05-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I need something quick & easy (hence crock pot) for tomorrow's dinner to make with beef stew meat (all we have in the freezer right now) and the previous recipes I've tried DH isn't too crazy about. Please share your favorites with me! Thanks!

Far North
05-06-2009, 05:06 PM
French Beef Stew

2# beef cut in 2” cubes
2 medium onions, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 stalks celery, cut in diagonal slices
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 cup tomatoes
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon basil
------
¾ cups water
¼ cup cornstarch

Add the top ingredients to the crockpot. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Before serving combine cornstarch and water, add to stew to thicken gravy. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.

Robinkay
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Jennifer- here is a site that has alot of different types of Crockpot meals...

http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookbook/crockpot/index-5b.html

Far North
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
The above are approximate quantities. Put in crockpot.
2# beef cut in 2” cubes
2 medium onions, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 stalks celery, cut in diagonal slices
4 medium carrots, sliced

Mix the following together and pour over the ingredients in crockpot.
1 package brown gravy mix
1 package italian salad dressing
1 cup of water

Cover and cook on low of 8 hours.

Vintagegal
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I check out recipes on allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Soups-Stews-and-Chili/Slow-Cooker-Soups/Main.aspx). That website has never steered me wrong.

Christie
05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I rub down my roast with dry onion soup mix. Stick in the crockpot and add cream of mushroom and some water. Then I add onions, potatoes and carrots.

cindi
05-06-2009, 09:46 PM
if you'd like to try something different I like to add a couple pounds stew beef, 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup red wine, 1 onion chopped and 2 cloves garlic minced to a crock pot, cook on high for 4-5 hours. I like to serve this with egg noodles or rice and a salad and a side veggie. It's really yummy and a little different for a change.
:)