PDA

View Full Version : Come on all you Slimming Sistas wanna-be's - who is going to commit to walking for 30

iloveflipflops
01-01-2007, 10:30 PM
minutes tomorrow???

Tomorrow is January 2nd and I am going to commit to walking 30-45 minutes. Maybe even 1 full hour.

Tomorrow is the day ....

Who else is with me?

WE CAN DO IT!!!

Kreative Dryve
01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I will use both my treadmill and my total gym tomorrow. Can't do any fitness thing around my arm, but can work on my buns and legs.:)
Also starting my liver cleanse tomorrow!
MJ

iloveflipflops
01-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I am curious about this liver cleanse you are doing. i had asked my dr about one and she wasn't too thrilled with the idea... so now I am chicken. We didn't go into it too much though. Tell me how it goes.... I feel like i need to clean out ALL OF MY INSIDES. ha ha

lost luggage
01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll be walking :)

tojoco
01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Sherri, I'm not sure about walking but I am definitely going to ride my recumbent bike starting tomorrow.

smileycollector
01-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok, Ok!! I've been procrastinating long enough! I'll dust off my treadmill and get back on it tomorrow!!! Too bad we can't figure out a way to rubber stamp while we're walking.... lol

Kreative Dryve
01-01-2007, 10:53 PM
is recommended before a weight loss. It weans you off all the bad stuff in your body, you are only allowed vegies, some beans, and fruit.
Protein can be added after 4 days., but can only be fish, and eggs. no dairy.
Absolutely no starches (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc....) Which is going to be the toughest for me, potatoes are my weakness, in any form.
No caffeine, which I have given up anyway
No grains, what so ever..... can have nuts.

I know this sounds really painful...

Then you drink a cleanse shake three times a day
You do the cleanse for 14 days

Basically it rids your body of waste, balences you body pH, reduces water retention, and the best thing it switches your body to run on fat instead of sugar, so it adds in the wieght loss of fat.
My liver is not in bad shape, cause I don't drink, or have to take meds, or smoke, but I have heard this is a great way to lose fat, which is my belly.
I will let you know how it goes, and if it works.

MJ:eek:

Erin K
01-01-2007, 11:17 PM
MJ yours sounds so much better, Dan and Marcia (brother and mother -in -laws) have one where you can ONLY have grade B maple syrup and lemon for 10 days. Oh and water, as much water as you want. Anyhow Dan did it and was fine, but Marcia got headaches after like one day, on which she cheated and had pudding anyway. So she quit after like two days. I don't know how they are supposed to live on syrup and lemon? Boggles my mind

Ok, so I will TRY to get out and walk tomorrow. I'm gonna go get the stroller out of the trunk of the car Brian's taking to work, then the only thing will be the weather. My arthritis will not allow me to walk if it's rainy/super humid and cold at the same time. That's an excuse I know, but I'm using it!

shuggy
01-01-2007, 11:19 PM
i'll do it. we've had a tredmill sitting in our living room for over a month now. it's getting used tomorrow!!

teabear
01-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I will pull the rebounder in the house tomorrow from the garage and start on it for 30 minutes tomorrow. It's way too windy & icy to walk outside here.

Firecracker
01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I will be riding my new stationary bike I got for Christmas. I road it today for 10 minutes. This week I am doing 15 minutes. I have to start slow because of my feet problems. I am also starting the Special K tomorrow. It really helped last time kick start my new healthy life style. Good luck to everyone else. Hugs, Heather

Swanie78
01-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Ill try! Im sure at the very least I can convince my aunt to go on a walk with me :grin:

stampcrazyjulie
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Count me in too! If I do it before noon, I will only have to take 3 of my Kiddos along....Mollie can ride in her backpack carrier, & I will push Jack while Abby rides her Bike or somethin'! :) Woo Hoo!

I sure hope it doesn't rain or snow tomorrow! :)

loobylou
01-02-2007, 01:13 AM
I'll be walking my dog to the beach and back- about 30 mins

workin4stamps
01-02-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm definitely going to the gym!!! I usually either do the treadmill or the elliptical machine for 30-45 minutes, so does that count??? I will also do my weight machines today while I am there.

:-)
Traci

laos348
01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I did it!! I was at the gym at 5:30am and did just under an hour of cardio - bike, treadmill and stiarmaster.

Laura

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 10:19 AM
We do it everyday with the pupster for about 45 minutes. It's great! Rain or shine, snow and sleet! :) Just dress for the weather and it is actually great!! Take Ladybug with you. She'll love it too!

My CURVES is closed today so I'll try to get two walks in today.

Sherry
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Does chasing a pup up and down the stairs 50 times a day count?? :rolleyes:

I will be walking with my poochie later today.

logcabincreations
01-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Picking up my son from school...will walk afterwards since it is 54 degrees here in VA.

Jan

justbusyscrappin
01-02-2007, 03:26 PM
ok, it is tuesday and I am there! going to do exercises in the living room, we walk the dog in the morning but I have also decided that when class starts up again next week on days that it is not raining I will be walking to and from school.
As for the cleansing diet, I to am planning that but I decided that I want to clean out the refrig so there won't be any temptations! I would suggest that you all check out the juicing for life book, it gives the cleansing diet (4 day) and a more intense cleansing diet (1 week) and then other diets as well ... great book, somewhat of a Bible for my kitchen and body!
My goal for this month is not to loose a specific number of pounds ... just to get my body back into motion ... sitting in classes during the day really puts on the weight.

good luck to all of you
becky

lisaguyon
01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I walked at lunch. Gotta move to lose...gotta move to lose....gotta move to lose...lisa