PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Palooza Update

scrappinnuts
06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
I got a call (finally) from my Timeshare yesterday... I can get 3/2 bedroom rooms...not sure about the price yet but they will each sleep 6. Depending on how many want to come, this should be plenty, also 6 to a room will keep the cost way down. We can set up tables one of the living rooms and at the dinning table...just need to do some moving around in the rooms...but all of your stuff can stay out the whole weekend if you want. It won't be as fancy as the Shackapalooza with the table set up...but it will be fun! The Time share has a pool and resturant on the location...also all of the rooms have kitchens...and there is a store right across the street. There will be a deposit required for the room. Sorry for the delay... my timeshare was not very timely in getting back to me. Dates would be Oct 15th,16th, 17th...that's Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Home on Sunday.

***PLEASE READ THE UPDATE BELOW*****

Paula Carden
06-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Terry is that in California or Vegas- I have forgotten now?

scrappinnuts
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Terry is that in California or Vegas- I have forgotten now?

Hi Paula... It will be in Vegas

Tantalize
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Oh my goodness, what a perfect excuse - my bf and I have been talking about going to Vegas in the Fall... hmmm I see some major possibilities! Keep us updated, Terry. Actually, I rather need details. lol I will go and search archive posts on the talk.

mahodgman
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm bumping this to the top so I can find it again! I hope a bunch of us can go because it will be a blast I'm sure!

shuggy
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
thanks for the bump, mary. i had forgotten (again!!).

mahodgman
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
thanks for the bump, mary. i had forgotten (again!!).

LOL, now go mark your calendar for Oct 15-17! I just pm'd Terry to find out how many people she has on her list so far.

iloveflipflops
08-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Who is thinking of going?????

mahodgman
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Who is thinking of going?????

Well, I have had personal conversations with the following about attending:

Patty/Monkeylove
Angie/Shuggy
Mary/Sweetpea aka Angie's cute mom
Anita/alh

Oh heck, I'm sure I've forgotten someone! Please forgive me. It's Vegas Baby, we will have a blast!

alh
08-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I won't be able to make it. That is when my grandkids have their fall break in school and my daughter is taking them to GA to see their family. So this will be the first break me and my DH will have in over a year. Sorry.

Anita/alh

spatten2001
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I think this is a totally terrific idea --- what timeshare do you own with? I have timeshares with Consolidated Resorts. Do you know what the approximate cost is?

MidwestStamper
08-10-2009, 02:09 PM
I thought I'd be free and clear to come, but my DH reminded me that weekend is probably when the annual Craft Fair that the High School Band Boosters sponsor is happening. We work big-time with that each year--setting up, serving food, cleaning up etc. It sure sounds like fun though!

Desert Stamper
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm planning to attend, depending on cost. Of course, being local, I could commute, but that's no fun!!! I want to be there with everyone and pretend I'm somewhere far from home! Maybe I can even get my sister from SoCal to come. Keep us posted on price, please. I'm sure that will be a deciding factor for some of us.

1of2shoes
08-13-2009, 11:16 AM
This sounds like fun and is do-able for me since that Friday is my Friday off that week. I'm not sure if I'm going to fly or drive. I'm in the San Diego area, so it takes about 5-6 hours to drive. Depending on how I feel I may fly in, but count me IN!

scrappinnuts
08-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I will call my Timeshare on Monday to get the final costs...then I will post... I will need a solid answer of who will be going and a deposit of some sort (not sure how much yet)

GrammaStamper
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'm going to be in Vegas the same weekend, but staying at the New York, New York Hotel. I'm sure I will find some time to hang with the Shackies, at least a few hours. My DD is taking me to Vegas as a birthday gift the same weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing some ladies again, and perhaps connecting with new friends.

mahodgman
08-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Ok, I'm going to be in Vegas the same weekend, but staying at the New York, New York Hotel. I'm sure I will find some time to hang with the Shackies, at least a few hours. My DD is taking me to Vegas as a birthday gift the same weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing some ladies again, and perhaps connecting with new friends.

What a great birthday gift, Barb! See you in Vegas!

scrappinnuts
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Bad news on my part... I will not be able to go the weekend of the 15th 16th and 17th...My Father in law will be turning 90 on 16th and His sister who is 93 is planning a big birthday party for him on the 17th...along with a family reunion. She did not know I had alternate plans and I cannot say that I will not be there...I am sorry I know a lot of people were counting on me...and I am very torn with what to do...but ultimatly I need to go to this Birthday party and reunion. I am more than willing to do it a different date. Please Forgive me... I really did not know that all of this was being planned when we picked this date.

scrappinnuts
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Does anyone want to take over palnning the West Coast Palooza...Or we can try for another weekend????

mahodgman
08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Does anyone want to take over palnning the West Coast Palooza...Or we can try for another weekend????

Why don't we try for another date. Unfortunately, we would miss Barb on another weekend, but it doesn't seem right to go ahead without you!