PDA

View Full Version : Glue dots on cards

Far North
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I just pulled out cards from last year's pumpkin/halloween swaps that I didn't get to use. I was so disappointed to find one of my favs had used glue dots that have "leaked through" with acid markings to the front and inside of the card. I have never experienced this before. I must say I never gave much thought to needing acid-free dots cause I thought it would be good for 5-10 years...just not a lifetime-kinda like matboard but I guess that's not true. Have you had any experiences like this? I never seen any postings about glue dots.
...Jan

suzi_f
10-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I never even thought about whether glue dots were acid free. I know I bought some 'off brands' of glue dots. Now, I'm concerned.

Suzi

iloveflipflops
10-22-2006, 01:36 PM
I love my glue dots. Especially for holding on ribbon or buttons.

Interesting!!

dgbearsmom
10-22-2006, 01:58 PM
I assumed that glue dots were glue dots, but maybe not. I know I see some in the scrapbooking section and some in the general adhesives section. Maybe the ones in the general adhesives are not acid free. I buy the Zots at WalMart and the box says they are acid free.

Judy

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
That's too bad, Jan! I never thought to double check stuff I buy! Everything I buy is usually from a lss or SU and I figure they are all acid free. Thanks for sharing this.

Jane

stampcrazyjulie
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Bummer! How disappointing for you Jane! :( I had never even gave a second thought to whether my glus dots are acid free or not...until now! Upon checking though, all of mine are acid free thank goodness. Wow, I will have to pay closer attention now! Maybe yours were just a bad batch, or something else happened to them...Hmmmm.... Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

3darlings
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
You had said this card was from last year. So many things have changed over a year, they were probably not acid free. That is terrible that you spend so much time and money on a project and then cannot use it!!!!