PDA

View Full Version : Is this card too busy?

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
DH says it is too busy. He usually has a pretty good eye, so I probably should trust him.....but, I'd like your opinions. What do you think?

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1669&cat=500&ppuser=15

tojoco
01-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Mary, I do love this card but honestly my eyes roam from the top stamp to the bottom stamp and back up again which to me means too much to look at and too much going on. I love the color scheme you've got going on.

inkinupstamps
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
But, I find the same as Joanne. The bottom seems to compete with the top medallion.

What if you eliminate the bottom part and maybe just keep the cord there? Then the top medallion will be the focal point.

Definitely a beautiful card.

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Mary, I do love this card but honestly my eyes roam from the top stamp to the bottom stamp and back up again which to me means too much to look at and too much going on. I love the color scheme you've got going on.

Thanks, Joanne, he is probably right....darn it! You know what? The more I look at it posted in the gallery, the more it kind of looks dead to me. I love the colors individually, but nothing is really popping.

tojoco
01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Please keep the color scheme. I really like the way it looks. And yes, sometimes we've got to give in when those men think they're right. LOL

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Please keep the color scheme. I really like the way it looks. And yes, sometimes we've got to give in when those men think they're right. LOL

LOL well, yes, I did say he usually has a pretty good eye. And it is the thing at the bottom that he said put it over the top. He didn't even know what the swap was about either. I just looked at the gallery over at outlinesrubberstamp.com, and I think I need to emboss the images too.

tojoco
01-02-2007, 10:45 PM
BTW Mary, I already received my stamps from outlinerubberstamps. They came awfully fast and I can't wait to use them. I'm excited about this card swap.

mahodgman
01-02-2007, 10:47 PM
BTW Mary, I already received my stamps from outlinerubberstamps. They came awfully fast and I can't wait to use them. I'm excited about this card swap.

Aren't they awsome? I got mine really fast too!

BTW, Joanne, my veggie dress swap is in the mail to you. I dropped it in a blue box yesterday not realizing that today was a holiday for the Feds.