PDA

View Full Version : SNR Call for artwork for Publication

teabear
07-08-2009, 04:53 PM
After Barb's good news on being published in the July issue, I thought I'd post our newest call. We are looking for all sorts of artwork for our Aug/Sept. combined issue. The deadline for submissions is August 1st. Here is a link to all the specifics. (http://www.scrapbooknewsandreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1373&Itemid=254)

inkinupstamps
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much, Tami! Wow! There really is a wonderful variety in this call.

teabear
07-08-2009, 05:08 PM
It's going to be a huge issue, since it's 2 months combined! I do hope you'll submit some of your beautiful artwork, Jennifer. I've just accepted a position to coordinate the ATC section, so look for more calls from me specifically in the fall :)

loobylou
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Tami, I'm thinking of subbing a scrapbook page or 2 and some cards and ATCs.
I want to know, can the public really handle a photo of a kid with a Mcdonalds Fry up his nose and a crazy face???

limeyscrapper
07-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I want to know, can the public really handle a photo of a kid with a Mcdonalds Fry up his nose and a crazy face???

LOL. I'm trying for a slightly more elegant style - but it's sure to find an audience, bring it on!

teabear
07-08-2009, 09:37 PM

That sounds hilarious, Sarah. We like humorous stuff there. Just don't send any risque photos, those don't go over well. LOL You do such beautiful work, I hope you can submit a few things.

teabear
07-08-2009, 09:39 PM
LOL. I'm trying for a slightly more elegant style - but it's sure to find an audience, bring it on!

Oh, elegant is good too, Chris. You do beautiful work.

loobylou
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Tami, is there any incentive for being published? I mean besides the FAME and all that? LOL

teabear
07-11-2009, 09:55 AM
For each project that we publish, you get a free month of the magazine. They can add up pretty quickly.

hutchink
07-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Sweet, I am sooo going to work on some altered stuff and some ATC's! I really love the challenges and projects over at SNR!

logcabincreations
07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks Tami. I printed off the list and hope I get time to make something.

loobylou
07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
That's a great incentive. I will try to get organised!

teabear
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Wonderful news all around. Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at the calls. I can't wait to see your beautiful creations in some upcoming issues.

loobylou
07-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Ok I bit the bullet and sent some in. Thanks for giving me some courage tami, i've never submitted anywhere before!

scraphappy908
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Oh my! I've never submitted anything before in my life. It's probably because I fear rejection. But you make it sound so easy. I can't believe that I'm actually considering this! I've printed the instructions so I'll look at it and hopefully get up the nerve to do it! Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to start hyperventilating.....

teabear
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh, just do it Amy! Your work is beautiful. I'm so happy you submitted, Sarah. I noticed you on the site looking around last night :) Best of luck ladies.

TiikkiStars
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Tami, it says on the call sheet that you have to be a registered SNR user to submit. Does registering mean subscribing? TIA!

:> Karen

teabear
07-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Tami, it says on the call sheet that you have to be a registered SNR user to submit. Does registering mean subscribing? TIA!

Registering is free. You'll choose a user name and password. After that you're good to go. There are a few areas such as the message board that are free. You can also play in our special events like the one yesterday after you are registered. You just won't be able to access the magazine itself that's on a little tab at the top until you have a free month or subscribe.

I hope you'll send in some things, Karen. That would be great.

TiikkiStars
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Tami!

GrammaStamper
07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I sent in a couple of more things. I'll hold my breath to see what happens.