PDA

View Full Version : Important: Challenge Update

kerry
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

I got a reply from the ShackHost about the two extra forums as well as a few other tidbits. They said there were several other emails from Shackies who are interested in hosting challenges too and that I should get together with you to discuss/organize it. They will discuss it with the moderators and get back to me on the ones I requested.

They prefer not to have a formal Challenge team, but rather volunteers from the group to host challenges. They say that keeping it volunteer will make sure its "Fresh".

So...
If you are interested in hosting one of the challenges, reply here. Maybe we can CHAT to discuss our options, our preferences, our schedules, or whatever.

Kerry:jiggy:

MidwestStamper
07-21-2009, 04:17 PM
That sounds like a good idea Kerry! As I mentioned, at ISC (Inspire, Swap, Chat) we take turns with hosting weekly Challenges. We have a 'Challenge' Thread and people have signed up through the summer to take a week.

I would be interested in hosting a Challenge and providing a Prize--just let me know when.

MidwestStamper
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I just put a couple announcements about this on Face Book since SO MANY of our people are there almost more than here!

hutchink
07-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I would be willing to host a challenge! Just let me know what you need me to do!

kerry
07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
OK...

Kim and Lidia, please select your choice for the challenge...anyone else?
I can host more if need be.

Here are the challenges we can have posted every Friday evening:

Color: Kerry
Technique:
Sketch:
Mystery:
Theme:
Limited Supply:

I'd like to do the Color Challenge this week. What would you like to host?

I'll also keep a calendar of challenges so if you are interested in a particular week, just let me know and I'll plug you in to that spot. I'll make sure to post the calendar somewhere too. Just gotta decide where the most convenient place to decide.

Kerry

Christie
07-21-2009, 07:44 PM
I'd like to host a technique challenge

kerry
07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
This week or another week(s)? Just let me know and I'll put you on the schedule.

Kerry

hutchink
07-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Kerry I will take a theme challenge for next week- not sure I can get it put together for this week.

kerry
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
OK Kim. I got you down for NEXT week.

Kerry

cindi
07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I'd love to host a challenge, just give me a week to see whta I can do, I'll get back to you.
:)

kerry
07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
OK Cindi.

Kerry

kimmyqtgirl
07-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm in Cindi's boat. I'd love to host one but this week won't work. I'll let you know next week. I have some prize stuff too:) hope that's ok.

cindi
07-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm in Cindi's boat. I'd love to host one but this week won't work. I'll let you know next week. I have some prize stuff too:) hope that's ok.

lol. I too have prize stuff. I'm always collecting in case I do a SS swap or just feel in the mood to RAK
:)

kerry
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
OK...Kimmy...:)

Mrs. Fence
07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll host one at some point in the future. I'm busy with company for a few weeks, but after that, if we are still going, I'll do one!

kerry
07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
OK....Just let me know Tracey.

Kerry

inkinupstamps
07-22-2009, 08:10 AM
I think it is great to have weekly challenges again and agree with the Shack Hosts that having a variety of people posting challenges will keep it fresh. My question is, though, why have so many different challenges EVERY week? Why not just one per week? Let the person sponsoring that week's challenge choose the type/theme. Participation at the stamp shack for the official challenge team was pretty slim so isn't it a bit overkill to have so many different challenges each week?

kerry
07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
I know it seems that lots of challenges in one week may seem a bit much for some but in my opinion, there are many people who like a variety of challenges as well as those who prefer one style of challenge. If there were only one type of challenge it may significantly limit the total participation for challenges.

I'm looking at challenge participation as a whole, not its separate parts. I do understand that there are some who may have to make some choices, but that's absolutely fine. I'm going to track the total participation per week to see what the numbers are and share the "stats" with Shackies...kinda like ex. "Most users online in one day 235 on May 5, 2009".

I love weekly challenges. I've participated in monthly challenges before and am open to what others want.

Maybe I should make a poll and get some imput.

Either way, I will begin the first set of challenges as stated this Friday and then go from there.

Kerry

inkinupstamps
07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
All I'm saying is that you'll have a number of people putting together challenges that may get little or no participation. Why not use the hostess' creative energy in one weekly challenge. I know a lot of creative thinking goes into planning and it would be very disappointing to go through the effort and have some overlooked. I think having one challenge per week is more than enough.

kerry
07-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Where did the poll option go? I've been searching for it and can't find it.

Kerry

hutchink
07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
I agree with Jennifer. One challenge a week is enough!

kerry
07-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I found the poll...It's up.

Kerry