PDA

View Full Version : Update on Shackapalooza 2010!

workin4stamps
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
This is just a reminder really..... I had a pm yesterday from someone who thought they forgot to book their hotel room. I've been meaning to send a reminder, so now is a good time I think!

For those of you who already sent me your $40 Scrap Room deposit, you have until February to call the hotel and put a deposit down on your room. The way it works this time, is they will bill ONE night's stay to your credit card. This only has to be done by one person per room. Then the balance of two nights will be paid when you arrive.

I received Scrap Room deposits from:

myself (workin4stamps)
Kim (spartymom)
Kimmy (kimmyqtgirl)
Mary (sweetpea)
Angie (shuggy)
Jan (logcabincreations)
Cheryl (Jan's friend)
Chelsea (spredbirds)
Kathy (maxiesmom)
Amy (scraphappy908)

The $40 pays for your use of the Scrap Room for the entire weekend. We had to put a deposit of $400 down to hold the Scrap Room--so everyone who sent me deposits already (thank you!) that is what it went towards. The total cost of the Scrap Room this year is $750.

I do not have a list of roomies yet, except for the following:

Mary & Angie
Jan & Cheryl
Kathy & Traci

There is still plenty of time for more people to sign up. Anyone can sign up at anytime (between now the end of February) and send me your $40 deposit.

We reserved a total of 11 rooms (two queen beds) for $97 per night plus taxes. So according to my calculations, there are still 6 rooms available (12 people). It is also possible to have more than 2 people per room. (Just ask Chris. She slept in a closet this year.)

I'll check in every couple of months and send reminders. Christmas will be here before we know it, and I know that means a lot of us will be broke!!! So there is plenty of time to spread things out if you wish to do so.

The phone number to call the Inn and book your room is 877-768-2928. Let them know that you are calling to reserve rooms in the Stamp Shack block for April 22, 23, 24. Please let me know if and when you do this.

THANK YOU!!!!

For those of you who might be new here, and are not familiar with Shackapalooza.... it is a weekend that many of us get together in Indiana and stay at Pokagon State Park for a weekend of stamping. We stamp, we shop, we eat. There is also some sleep involved (optional). It is very informal, and most people just bring whatever they want to work on. In the past we have done shoe box swaps. You can see my original post here:

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33256

shuggy
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks, traci. you rock!

kimmyqtgirl
08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks for the update and reminder. I'm excited already ha ha ha.

spredbirds
08-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Yea ... I too am excited for April to come around ... this is such a GREAT event and a great place to stay!

scraphappy908
08-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the reminder Traci. I will call to reserve my room sometime this week. I will be there come heck or high water this time!

Spartymom
08-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for updating us. I am glad I didn't miss this post. Been gone for a week.

mydogstinks2
08-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for setting this all up Traci!

I will be getting my deposit to you soon!

loobylou
08-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Everytime I read these threads I dream that one year I will suprise you all and turn up! (I'd sleep in a closet, no worries). I'm excited for you.