PDA

View Full Version : Interview follow up letter #2 *updated/changed*

logcabincreations
08-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I am sending this by email, but I'm open to suggestions before I hit the send button :)

Dear Ms. Hamilton,

Thank you for the opportunity to interview for the Deputy Clerk II position last week. Although I was a bit nervous--not having interviewed for a job except only once in the last nineteen years--you and your staff made me feel very comfortable. First impressions for me can speak volumes about a person and a place, and it was obvious to me in the short time I was there that you manage a very friendly and efficient office. Please also convey my thanks to Kathy, Mark and Brandy (I apologize for any spelling error with their names.) I appreciate all of you taking time out of your busy schedules to interview me. It was my pleasure.

I have re-read the job description, and I’m truly excited to be considered as a candidate for this position. The legal field is fascinating, and while certain areas of law are more familiar to me than others, I am a quick learner and very enthusiastic about gaining new knowledge. I have enjoyed working in the legal field for the past nineteen years, and would be pleased to bring good office and organizational skills to the position, as well as a wealth of experience in working with and assisting the public.

Should you decide that I am the person to fill this position, I want you to know that I will do my best to learn quickly, not be afraid to ask questions so that I can perform tasks accurately, and assist the public, my peers and management in a professional and courteous manner.

Sincerely,

Jan Stinnette

Nancy
08-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Your hired - Nancy

midnitecreations
08-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Very nicely written Jan.

Far North
08-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Jan I really liked your thank you letter the last time-I really thought you would change just a few words. This week I spent 3 days in classes for my new job learning about the job search process. This is what I heard--the thank you is like your final 60 second advertisement sharing your shining star skills, a brief thank you and final closing saying you want the job.

If you have already discussed your stolen card issue I would not bring it up again. Rather use the few lines to briefly restate your skills that specifically match what they need for this job and what makes you the best applicant--think about the experience you have that helps you bring experienced skill to the position- like the ability to problem-solve and comfortably work with the difficult people, ability to be a team player, years of proven accuracy and efficiency. Elaborate briefly so they can see you fitting into the job.

…a least that’s what the instructors are teaching here so feel free to use any that you feel is helpful but throw out all the rest. Jan your are a great writer and clearly express yourself.

Paula Carden
08-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Jan I really liked your thank you letter the last time-I really thought you would change just a few words. This week I spent 3 days in classes for my new job learning about the job search process. This is what I heard--the thank you is like your final 60 second advertisement sharing your shining star skills, a brief thank you and final closing saying you want the job.

If you have already discussed your stolen card issue I would not bring it up again. Rather use the few lines to briefly restate your skills that specifically match what they need for this job and what makes you the best applicant--think about the experience you have that helps you bring experienced skill to the position- like the ability to problem-solve and comfortably work with the difficult people, ability to be a team player, years of proven accuracy and efficiency. Elaborate briefly so they can see you fitting into the job.

…a least that’s what the instructors are teaching here so feel free to use any that you feel is helpful but throw out all the rest. Jan your are a great writer and clearly express yourself.

Great info!!
I agree, the restating your skills to be a team player and problem solve esp when working with the public etc..it is always good to hear those things again.
Your letter is well written but don't make it to long-

logcabincreations
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks ladies. I will re-draft using my last letter. I haven't hit the send button yet :)

logcabincreations
08-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Updated the letter on page 1

jazzypurple853
08-23-2009, 08:58 AM
I like what you wrote. I"d keep this one.

directmailscrapper
08-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Jan, great letter -- and I agree with the comments above! Good luck!

workin4stamps
08-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Love it!!!!

dancing queen
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd like to send a note to your prospective employer to let them know how much you've cared about doing and saying exactly the right things... very impressive. good luck!