PDA

View Full Version : Free offer to attend Markie's Mom's retreat - NE one interested?

tesschap
08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
As I posted a few weeks ago I am not able to attend Markie's Mom's retreat in Jacksonville FL the last weekend of October (Halloween weekend)?

I don't want any money - I just want someone to go and enjoy the retreat. I paid for it and cannot go. I paid early to get the discounted price of $225.00 vs. the $300.00 that Faith is now charging. The last weekend of October is the weekend before my breast cancer walk in Dallas and I have some work commitments that are preventing me from fitting it all in. Faith offered me a $75.00 refund of the $225 I paid or I can find someone to take my place. I'd much rather find someone that would like to go in my spot rather than get a partial refund.

Here's the link - http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/search/label/October%202009%20Stampin%27%20Retreat (http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/search/label/October%202009%20Stampin%27%20Retreat)

Please PM me if you are interested in going. I'm at the lake so I won't be online much between now and Sunday night but I will give the first person to PM me my spot - no charge and no strings attached. The only thing I ask that in some small way you pay it forward and do some form of a RAK (doesn't have to be stamping related - just an act of kindness) for someone else.

cindi
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Teresa..you are just the sweetest!!
This is a fab opportunity for some lucky shackie..and they will also get to meet out very own Erin K!!
I sure wish I could swing it.
:)

ctinyjoy
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Teresa..I hope you get someone to take it. I had the pleasure of Faith teaching me three cards at the Flourishes weekend this past winter. She is fun to be around and has loads of energy. Even though I live here in FL, I can't do this. I am going away the weekend prior to Georgia to babysit for my sister and I can't be gone two weekends in a row.

Ladies...if you are interested, go to Splitcoast and check out her gallery!

Mrs. Fence
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
YOu are too sweet for making such an offer, Teresa. Sure hope someone can go and have a great weekend.

tesschap
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks ladies. I sure hope someone can go. If you live near an airport that Southwest flies in and out of I know the airfare to Jacksonville is pretty reasonable.

Nancy
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
75 dollars, doesnt she realize that with all of us here, she could easily make up all the money by returning yours. People in business today just dont use their heads. Could you get in touch with Erin since she lives in Jacksonville. - Nancy

Sandy
08-28-2009, 12:38 AM
You have a good heart Teresa.:)

My3Ds
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Teresa - does Erin have a friend that would want to attend with her? (I thought you had said that she was going)

kerry
08-28-2009, 10:05 AM
I'd pay you to be able to attend but there is no flight back for me on Sunday (to Dulles) and I have to be back to work on Monday.

Hope you get a taker!

Kerry

ChristyR
09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I went to Faiths very first retreat and it was tons of fun and I would love to go again. I wish I could take you up on your very generous offer however since it is halloween weekend I am unable to go. I have 2 small boys and I really look forward to the trick or treating fun and could never miss that.

I really hope you can find someone to take your place, good luck. I wish she wasn't doing it on that weekend since people with small children might would not get to attend just for my same reason. :)

tesschap
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I went to Faiths very first retreat and it was tons of fun and I would love to go again. I wish I could take you up on your very generous offer however since it is halloween weekend I am unable to go. I have 2 small boys and I really look forward to the trick or treating fun and could never miss that.

I really hope you can find someone to take your place, good luck. I wish she wasn't doing it on that weekend since people with small children might would not get to attend just for my same reason. :)

Darn - I'm hoping someone can go in my place.

Someone ... anyone ??? :)

Erin K
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Me!!! My BEST FRIEND roniece's birthday is that day and I was desperately trying to figure a way to get her there although she can't afford it.

THis is HUGE to me!!!

cindi
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Me!!! My BEST FRIEND roniece's birthday is that day and I was desperately trying to figure a way to get her there although she can't afford it.

THis is HUGE to me!!!

YAY!!! thats great Erin, I'll bet Teresa will be happy. I really wanted to go but couldn't swing the airfare. I'll bet it will be great
:)

tesschap
09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
YAY Erin! The retreat belongs to your friend! I just emailed you. What day is your friend's birthday? Mine is the 27th :) I'm thrilled that someone will be able to go in my place.

TTYL

Christie
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh goodie!! I'm so glad that you finally found someone!!!!

ChristyR
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
i am so glad you were able to find someone, have fun Erin you and your friend will have a blast!!!

tesschap
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I am thrilled that Roniece can go in my place. I was a little bummed tonight so I googled stamping events in New England and there is an event in Manchester VT on September 11 and 12th. I live less than an hour from Manchester. I emailed the organizers and they have a spot open and I can commute and the cost is less than my plane ticket would have been to go to FL so I think this is working out for a reason.

I also think (if my memory is working tonight) that Lesa and maybe Joanie? are attending the VT event :)

Erin K
09-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Teresa I'm glad you get to go to an event anyhow.

I'm gonna miss you. I'll come home and tell you every detail. :)

dancing queen
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
All's well that ends well... y'all have fun... we want to hear reports from both of you!

Himberly Hadson
09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for making that offer... I will definitely try to make it....Since it is Halloween all I can say is I can try but it was really nice of you invite.