PDA

View Full Version : Census #7: Magazines subscriptions

directmailscrapper
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
In case you missed them, this is one of a series of "census" questions that I am collecting about the Shackies. I will "publish" a report when I'm done! Please participate -- and if you haven't already, please complete the earlier questions!

This question wants to know if you subscribe to -- or regularly pick up any of the stamping or scrapbooking magazines.

maxiesmom
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I used to get PC, but stopped a few years ago. I bought them with my coupons but the stores don't let you do this anymore.

ccstampin12
10-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I subscribe to a lot of them...it comes out cheaper than buying by the month in some cases, and I don't have to go chasing them down all over the place!
LOL
Joanie

coco_kitty
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Haven't picked one up in a while, but when I did, it was simpler to buy from my friend 'cause she stocked them in her store:)

Inkisallover
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I subscribe to Paper Crafts and CardMaker. Plus I have all of my Stampin' Up and TAC catalogues.

dancing queen
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I was a former Rubber Stamper subscriber and then they sold out to Crafts 'n' Things which I really don't like. I'm searching for a new magazine, but haven't found the right match yet... HELP! I really miss my Rubber Stamper.

Far North
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I agree DQ I miss rubber stamper!
I subscribe to only 1 because it comes in an envelope, arrives in good shape and is not available in my local stores. The larger mags arrive in my PO Box looking like someone has driven, stomped or beaten them and so monthly I pick up another 1 or 2...and I make my selections after reviewing several choices and make my selection specific to things I like in them. My way of buying mags is not a choice on the list and so I did not vote.

shadoob
10-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I have never bought one...I have never subscribed...but I have lots...thanks to my mommy! I do PICK THEM UP in stores...but don't buy them. I really would like to subscribe to some- but I don't know which ones. ideas, ladies? (and gents who are out there)

MidwestStamper
10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I used to buy more magazines when we could use our JoAnns or Michaels coupons on them!

I've subscribed to Paper Crafts for about 5 years, but I think I just got my last issue and I'm going to let that one run out.

I did just subscribe to Creating Keepsakes--I got a deal of 24 issues for $24.00. I thought I'd try that one out.

I was a faithful subscriber to Rubber Stamper too and really miss it. I will occasionally buy a RubberStampMadness magazine.

morgainegeiser
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I seem to subscribe to them, and then I get disappointed some point along the way. Right now I am subscribing to any, look through them real quick and then decide whether to subscribe or not.

Darleneh710
10-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I still subscribe to PC, used to subscribe to CK and will pick up a scrapbooking mag from time to time.

Mrs. Fence
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I stopped subscribing years ago when I noticed more than half of some magazines are ads, not content! Why pay good money for that??? I tend to like the more expensive mags, because they have very few ads and they are mostly in the front and/or back of the magazine. When I buy one, I use a coupon for Jo's or ACM. My favorites are Stamper's Sampler, Take Ten, and Just Cards. Recently, I was given a copy of Stamp Vamp News and really liked it - it's not fancy, but it has good content and a low price.

Spartymom
10-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I did have PC but canceled that. Now I have creating keepsakes, but am going to let that one expire too. I'll need to find another magazine.

Kreative Dryve
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I only buy PC magazine

Christie
10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
maybe once or twice a year i'll buy one at the store.

cindi
10-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I don't subscribe to any but I do occasionally pic one up at a store
:)

tesschap
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Same as Cindi for me. I do not subscribe but I do pick one up at the store from time to time.

Patty
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
I get Woman's Day now--I think someone was selling them for school. I subscribe to 2 for my grandsons, and that's it. I used to subscribe to 4 knitting mags, but I let those run out. I don't even buy the stamping mags in the store anymore since they won't take coupons and they are sooo expensive.