PDA

View Full Version : Giving myself a snow day...

shadoob
12-08-2009, 09:29 AM
So, have I ever (?!?!:laugh:) mentioned how much I HATE snow?.
It is snowing now, it is predicted to snow and sleet all day...so, I called my clients and set up phone conferences.....
Into my overalls with me and I am staying put in my home. I hope I get atleast SOME time to play with stamps.

Have a delightful day.

iloveflipflops
12-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Ok I gotta ask Cheryl #1, do you still have your birkenstocks on or do you have snow boots to keep your toes toasty? LOL

I wish it would snow here. Just a little of the white stuff that's all I ask. We NEVER get snow and when we do, I get so giddy with excitement. Of course, I'm from FL you know and didn't see it for the first time till i was almost 30 so this explains me....

Have fun inside and take a photo so I can enjoy it too :)

teabear
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
We're buried in it and on snow day #2. I haven't even put my boots on to go outside. Need to think about shoveling, but I'm sick and Kyle has a broken hand. We're happy just to stay in watch movies and drink hot chocolate. It looks pretty, though.

Spartymom
12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
You all know that I love the snow. We are suppose to get a really bad storm tonight-Thurs. I am not going to love this storm b/c it contains high winds and rain mixed with snow. UGH! That's not a fun snowday.

directmailscrapper
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM
We had snow on Saturday -- very early for us! It didn't need to be shovelled and it wasn't slick -- just pretty. Enjoy your day, Cheryl!

shuggy
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
it dumped here last night and now it's 18 degrees!! brrr...kerry called a snow day today too! of course, he's working all day, though.

Paula Carden
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
No snow for me here in WNC but we have plenty of gloom and rain. I had a late meeting last evening so I too gave myself permission to stay home and stamp. Finally have the last of my cards addressed and ready to go.
I am working on my many, many swaps for ATC's.

So I hope you all enjoy your snow and send some to WNC!! And a little farther east so Sherri gets some too. We love snow here of course it doesn't happen very often and it doesn't stay on the ground for weeks either.

shadoob
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I've been working almost all day too....it DUMPED big FLAKES of work on me today! (at least I'm in my birkenstocks and cozy overalls)

GSMom385
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I just got home and doing the same thing Cheryl, left the office early as they were closing roads here and what I was working on could just as easily be done from my couch in my flannel pjs as at the office. We have 3 foot in my driveway already and it is still coming down full force and expected to snow all night and really high winds and ice. The ice is what concerns me because when the ice comes it makes our power go out which makes it very cold in my house even with the fireplace running. I can take a lot of things but being cold I cannot. I am a baby when it comes to cold. But the now is pretty. I will see if I can get a photo for your Sherri.

milmogando
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
no snow here lol

Paula Carden
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I just got home and doing the same thing Cheryl, left the office early as they were closing roads here and what I was working on could just as easily be done from my couch in my flannel pjs as at the office. We have 3 foot in my driveway already and it is still coming down full force and expected to snow all night and really high winds and ice. The ice is what concerns me because when the ice comes it makes our power go out which makes it very cold in my house even with the fireplace running. I can take a lot of things but being cold I cannot. I am a baby when it comes to cold. But the now is pretty. I will see if I can get a photo for your Sherri.

That is a lot of snow! Stay warm and safe!

maxiesmom
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
So far so good for me too! Snow, snow stay away!! Go visit Sherri in North Carolina today!

Patty
12-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Cheryl---you COULDN'T hate snow as much as I do!! Since I was a kid--I know, I know, it's not normal for a kid to hate snow, but I hate being cold. Ask Ellie--she loves it. And which one of us got moved down South????? not meeee!!!