PDA

View Full Version : New Years challenge

lakeslady
12-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok girls I am running a little late...........computer giving me major problems, but since I have managed to arrive here today, here goes.:worried:

I said I would run a challenge during week beginning the 18th December, so if you can find the time during all the Christmas festivities, this is what I would like you to do.

Make a card that uses the words Happy New Year on the front, any theme, any colour, any size.
Words can be stamped or computer generated, or stickers, but the words have to be part of the front design.
You never know it might even come in useful, if you forgot to mail someone a Christmas greeting card on time:nod:
The challenge will run until the 18th of January,deadline, midnight Greenwich London time.
It is open to all overseas members as I have no qualms about posting a rubber stamping gift prize airmail to any country.

OK what are you waiting for, get those inks out ( remember to post in the gallery you must use at least one rubber stamp).

Please title your challenge JP's New Year Challenge.

Please note the challenge has been extended intil the 18th January!!!!

Far North
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Joan thanks so much for the stretch of a challenge. I don't have specific stamps for the holiday so I had to get a little creative but I did it..without buying anything new! Hope mine (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=24676&limit=recent)encourages others to join in your fun!

cindi
01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
oohh fun!! I'll get on that soon
:)

lakeslady
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I just want to bump this message up!

As my computer has been out of action I have not been able to "friendly persuade" fellow shackies to join in.
Only Far North aka Jan has entered a card so far...........and what a fabulous one it is........thanks Jan.

Ok girls, you have until a week today to get some entries in, unless of course no one wants to win a prize all the way from the UK.
So, see the first message for all the info you need and post a card in the gallery before 18th January.
Good luck...Joan

iloveflipflops
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I entered, I entered ... I hope I put it in the right place!!!

iloveflipflops
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Here's mine http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=24689&ppuser=14

cindi
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
oh crap..I made one..sent it out & totally forgot to take a pic..sometimes I'm such a moron (smacking my head here)
:swoon:

Far North
01-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Yes-yes, Sheri got busy and made an extremely darling card!

Come-on Cindi once you have done one, you can do another-easy-pezy!

OTHER SHACKIES...come on and join the fun...it sure isn't too late to send out a New YEAR's card!

Firecracker
01-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Is it to late to post a card? Let me know. Thanks, Heather

Far North
01-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Heather see post #4...Joan extended the challenge to post a card in the gallery before 18th January Yes Heather post a card!

lakeslady
01-12-2010, 10:33 AM
All cards are welcome................keep them posted in the gallery until the 18th January. I will give you a count down to closing nearer the time!
Just head them up with JP's New Year Challenge

Thanks to Jan and Sherri for their great entries

lakeslady
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks to Frankiesue who has made some great notelets too. What a great idea and a fabulous way to catch up with friends who might have escaped the Christmas card list LOL

lakeslady
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Just want to remind everyone there is still time to win some new stamps in my New Years Challenge.
I was closing it on the 18th January, but as I am away until the evening of the 19th you now have another 48 hours to enter a card.

Now who does not want a chance to get some new stamps???? So please make a design for a New Years card.

If you are making anything all you need to do is add a Hapy New Year sticker, some computer generated words, or even hand write them. All are most welcome.
Come on girls please join in the fun.

cindi
01-16-2010, 05:38 PM
oh!! I thought it was over!!! ok .I'm making a sticky note right now. I AM going to make a card for thsi
:)

lakeslady
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh please do Cindi, and if there is a few more girls out there wanting new stamps..........
First prize a set of stamps,
second prize is this one:_

Yep decided to try and tempt you even more LOL