PDA

View Full Version : Its getting down to freezing tonite so I think its time I get the kids coats

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
for this winter, don't you? Ha Ha

Its chilly out now, I can only imagine in the morning when they go to school in the frost :). Off to the mall we go in a little bit!

Wish me luck!

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
I know the cold is not all that normal for you.....but being from here, I think it's weird that there are people that don't actually own winter coats! I guess there's never been a reason for you guys to own one though...:o

Enjoy the shopping!

Julie

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I have NO coats...none. LOL I had one once.. In my old job, LUCKILY I only traveled to NY during the summer. (I don't know what I owuld have done otherwise! LOL) A LONG time ago I went to Chicago in December. I remember walking downtown somewhere and thinking, "MAN I can't breathe!" The cold air hurts!

It's going to be 85 here today. ;)

teabear
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
but I'm going to have to cave soon. I can't even think about coats yet. Not much of a winter fan. Our weather doesn't get really cold until January and we are going on a cruise in January to delay winter a bit longer this year. I was in Ottawa once in January...never been so cold in my life. I don't know how Jennifer does it.
Tami

inkinupstamps
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Tami, you want to know how I do it? Ask Paul...I whine all the time! I'm already wearing my parka in the evenings when we walk 'Bella. OK...maybe Paul isn't wearing a parka but it is "blankity blank" cold out once the sun goes down and it snowed yesterday and a little today.:eek:

Come to Ottawa in the summer.......much nicer weather then! :D

teabear
10-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I start whining as soon as the holidays are over and I don't stop until Easter. In 9 more years I'll be a little snowbird in the winters, traveling to all the warm places. Hang in there Jennifer!
Tami

mydogstinks2
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
It snowed here again today. I didn't even notice it so I go out in it with out a coat! I was too lazy to go back in and get one so I spent my day running around with no coat in the snow! Now in a few days when I'm sick I will have no one to blame but me.

Caboverde1
10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
its about to get cold here and I hate to be unprepared...

TOnii

suzi_f
10-23-2006, 06:21 PM
It's been VERY cold in the mornings here. Frost on the windows (I hate to scrape windows). DD wanted to wear her winter coat (we bought it in Aug: gotta be prepared!) but I told her it would warm up as soon as the sun came up. NO IT DIDN'T!!! Just went on my walk & it was really cold. I guess I should have worn my coat (I wore a shirt, sweatshirt, jacket & this really cool long scarf thing -- still froze).

cahinton
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I lived in Ottawa for fifteen years so I know how cold it can get there. I don't miss it at all. Here in Waterloo, the winters are a little milder than Ottawa. We had snow flurries late in the afternoon, but it just melted as it hit the ground. California sounds nice about now.

Carol

My3Ds
10-23-2006, 09:30 PM
like to hold on to summer as long as possible. The boys are still wearing shorts to school (with their hoodies). They should probably be wearing pants, but..... :eek:

Gaerria