PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken the Copic Certification Class with

tojoco
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Sally Lynn? She is holding 3 classes in Memphis in March but I'm told it's only open to instructors, designers and store owners and only to the public if there is room in the class; AND you have to submit something you colored with the markers before you (the public) can be accepted into her classes. Does this sound right?

tesschap
01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes I believe this is the procedure. Usually there is room for the public to attend. I was going to sign up for one of her classes last summer but it was the Monday we started our vacation. I haven't taken Sally Lynn's class but she did a free Copic demo at a SCS event we had in my area last year. She is very artsy, very talented, and a super nice person. She is amazing. I know she has a blog ... I'll see if I can find a link. You may want to email her personally about signing up.

tesschap
01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Here's the link (http://www.inkyheart.typepad.com/)to Sally Lynn's blog ...

paperprintss
01-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Yes, I recently became a Copic certified instructor and that is exacly the procedure.

scrubbybubbles
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm going to be attending sally lynn's copic certification class this sunday (jan. 10th.) So I'll let you know how it goes. :) I heard she was a good teacher.

kerry
01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
That's the procedure but I bet if you fill out an application and give them your blog info, they will put you on the "short list". I took a class with Maryanne but there were a few people who weren't owners, DT members or teachers.

Kerry

fink
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I have not taken a class but have heard about them. I am not sure how much they even cost!

scrubbybubbles
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
That's the procedure but I bet if you fill out an application and give them your blog info, they will put you on the "short list". I took a class with Maryanne but there were a few people who weren't owners, DT members or teachers.

Kerry

This is true. My florida friend that got accepted for sunday's class is not on any DT's, not a store owner. Just a happy cardmaker. hehe

Fink, the class cost for our florida class is $120.00 but, I heard it can range to $150.00

GSMom385
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I agree with everything everyone else has said. I took one in MN from Marianne Walker, but Debbie was with her too. It was fun and well worth the money. I am a demo, but I didn't really feel like I had a hard time getting into the class at all. I think they ask for the samples of stuff you have colored to get a feel for how much help they need at the class. There were other ladies helping with our class who had taken certification before and were taking the class again at a reduced price because they helped this time. I am assuming althou I don't know this for sure, that they called them and asked them if they would take it again to have helpers. Most of the folks in my class were new to the markers. Once you are certified they keep your name on file as a teacher on their web site and you agree to teach what you learned on request. I have only been contacted one time since being certified in September.

scrubbybubbles
01-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Hmmm....good to know cindy! thankyou for the input. :cute:

ProfDW
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I just registered for a copic certification class with Sally Lynn to be held in June. I am not a store owner or designer, but I was accepted right away. I have not been asked to submit a sample. The cost was $120 US dollars, which is about the same in CDN, since our dollar is at par.