PDA

View Full Version : cuttlebug question

shuggy
01-07-2007, 10:35 PM
this is the first card i have made using my new cuttlebug.

friend card (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1905&limit=recent)

my question...i have tried several different papers and different embossing folders. they all seem to make the embossed part really deep, like almost cutting the paper. it's like there is too much thickness with the cutting pads that it puts too much pressure on it. does that make sense? its like it almost stretches the paper out (see right around the kissable word, it's warped almost).

has anyone else had a problem with this?

patg
01-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I wish I could say I had that problem. I have been eyeing the Cuttlbug for a while along with all the embossing folders.

Can you tell me if you emboss only on paper or can yo also emboss on cardstock?

Thanks.

Pat

shuggy
01-07-2007, 10:41 PM
i've only embossed cardstock. i haven't tried paper.

Far North
01-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes, the embossing is deeper than most hand embossing I've seen but I don't recall the stretching as you point out. For CB embossing folders I use plate A and 2-B's but no other mats--are you adding something else?
...Jan

shuggy
01-07-2007, 11:27 PM
nope, that's what i used.

Swanie78
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Its probably the weight of the paper thats doing it, not the folder. Also, the paper might be holding some humidity thats making it bow like that. It almost looks like when you heat emboss a piece of regular patterned paper.
Try a thicker weight of paper and see if you get the same results.