PDA

View Full Version : Grapes & Blue Cheese

dancing queen
03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
I went to a party the other night and had the most awesome appetizer (of course, you have to love blue cheese). Red seedless grapes were rolled in a blue cheese and cream cheese layer and then rolled in chopped pecans. I could NOT stay away from these things. A nice combination of sweet grape with salty cheese and nuts. M-m-m-m-m-m-m good!

milmogando
03-04-2010, 01:34 AM
that sounds AMAZING!! i'll have to remember that.

Far North
03-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Hmm wonder how you get the cheese to stick to the grapes easily? Details, need a few more details please!

cindi
03-04-2010, 09:51 AM
o9h, yumm..I cam just imagine how delicous those were
:)

dancing queen
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Hmm wonder how you get the cheese to stick to the grapes easily? Details, need a few more details please!

My friend told me she used 8oz of cream cheese and 4oz of crumbled blue cheese with some heavy cream and a touch of cognac. The amount of cheese sounds like it would be pretty thick and you only use enough liquid so you can work with it. I've gone on line to look for a specific recipe, but most of the ones I've seen have a LOT more blue cheese which I think would be overpowering. And some of the recipes used no liquid at all. So I'll be experimenting and report my findings.

Christie
03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I have to say that doesn't sound very good to me. I'm not a big blue cheese fan

HeatherJ
03-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Me either, Christie, that is one of the only foods I can say I do not like. McD's gave me the wrong sandwich once - a Buffalo wing one wth blue cheese and I spit it out.

But Betty, I am glad you found an appy you love, that is great!

dancing queen
03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I have to say that doesn't sound very good to me. I'm not a big blue cheese fan

Well, I would imagine you could use a shredded cheddar and do the same thing. Hmmmm

HeatherJ
03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
That would work for me :-)

scrappinnuts
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
MMMM sounds wonderful...we had a thin cracker layered with Blue Cheese and Honey on top and after you chew it for a minute you chase it down...lol with Port wine...WOW what an intense wonderful taste!

cindi
03-14-2010, 03:45 PM
MMMM sounds wonderful...we had a thin cracker layered with Blue Cheese and Honey on top and after you chew it for a minute you chase it down...lol with Port wine...WOW what an intense wonderful taste!

oohh, that sounds really good too
:)