PDA

View Full Version : I am Crashing the NC Party!!!

spredbirds
07-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I can't believe that I made this work out! It's Rubber Stamping FATE!!!

A few months ago Sherri sent me a note telling me that I need to come to NC this weekend for the convention. I used to travel to Raleigh NC for business all the time but I am on a new project and never get out to NC any more ... so I knew it probably would not work.

Last week one of my co-workers announced that he was going to Raleigh on Thursday and he thought it would be a good idea for me to travel with him due to the topics relating to my new project. OMG!!! I put 2+2 together and realized it was the same weekend that Sherri wanted me out in NC for!!! It was fate!!!

I told my husband that I HAD to travel for work and the fate story and said it was my DESTINY to be in NC for the weekend and that he MUST let me stay!!! Well how could he say no to Rubber Stamping FATE!!! He totally rolled his eyes! :eek:

So Sherri and I have kept it a secret all week ... I think this was very hard for her! And then today I hear that Angie and Cute Mom are showing up and staying at Hotel Sherriton with me ... Oh How Fun!!!

Anyway ... I hope the work part of my trip tomorrow goes by fast ... I can not wait to get in the car and drive the 2 hours to see my Shackie friends!!! Brafford Street in Concord here I come!

And to think .... somehow I really have little to no expenses for the trip since I tied it into my work trip! It truly is FATE!!!

ccstampin12
07-15-2010, 04:06 AM
We are SOOOOO happily surprised you will be with us!
You cannot argue with Rubber Stamping Fate...that's for sure!
Can't wait to see you and give you hugs 'up close!'
haha
Joanie

iloveflipflops
07-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Its 5:24 am and I am too excited to sleep. I already have the blackberry cobbler cooking in the oven. HA See you soon.

Paula Carden
07-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Oh this is soooo exciting! I can't wait to meet you!!!
I am actually in Raleigh yesterday and today (Thurs). This afternoon I will head home then back to Winston tomorrow afternoon.

HeatherJ
07-15-2010, 06:28 AM
What fun! It was indeed meant to be!

jazzypurple853
07-15-2010, 06:56 AM
How exciting! Enjoy your time with meeting up with everyone!

tojoco
07-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Chelsea, I know you will all have a wonderful time together. Keep us up-to-date with pictures and all the fun action.

Spartymom
07-15-2010, 07:56 AM
It is fate! Have fun and say hi to everyone. Sherri has already made cobbler.

loobylou
07-15-2010, 08:04 AM
I know you will have a ball! Yes, you absolutely were meant to be there with your Shackie sisters!

suzi_f
07-15-2010, 08:31 AM
You have a WONDERFUL time but I'm sooooo jealous!!! It is fate, no question about it. Glad hubby saw the light!!

mydogstinks2
07-15-2010, 09:18 AM
OMG!!! Have a ton of fun!!!

cindi
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
OMG!! you's are going to have the bestest time!!! take pics, lots of pics!!
:)

Patty
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
NOONE is more thrilled than I am!!! I can hardly believe it. I'm so glad you're coming--it will be absolutely WONderful!!! I'm counting the hours....

scraphappy908
07-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Good for you Chelsea! It was meant to be. I should have tried to weasel in one more trip this summer. I've already traveled west to Omaha, Nebraska, and east to Washington D.C.
So why not go south to North Carolina!

kerry
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm so jealous. I'm on summer vacation and would have been able to drive the 8 hours there but I had nobody to take care of my dog (it's a LONG story) so...Here I sit at the computer. I'm so bummed.

Have fun in the Sherraton. It's my favorite hotel because of the cozy sheets and the cozy beds and the awesome bathrooms and great decorating I've been in so hopefully you have a great one too.

Kerry

Paula Carden
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh Kerry wish you could come
LaQunita takes dogs for free

midnitecreations
07-15-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm sure you're gonna have loads of fun! Lot's of pics, please!!

Christie
07-15-2010, 12:10 PM
How great!!!!!! Hope you all have a great time!

Catherine Pooler
07-15-2010, 02:28 PM
You all are talking about my neck of the woods...Raleigh!
Have a super time!

Paula Carden
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM
You all are talking about my neck of the woods...Raleigh!
Have a super time!

Will you be coming to Winston Sat?

GSMom385
07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
WOW so jealous of you all. You suppose I could get them to build a store in NC???? Alright maybe that is a stretch.

midnitecreations
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm so jealous. I'm on summer vacation and would have been able to drive the 8 hours there but I had nobody to take care of my dog (it's a LONG story) so...Here I sit at the computer. I'm so bummed.

Have fun in the Sherraton. It's my favorite hotel because of the cozy sheets and the cozy beds and the awesome bathrooms and great decorating I've been in so hopefully you have a great one too.

Kerry

I'd make a road trip with you Kerry!

spredbirds
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Kerry

The "Sherri"-ton is privately held by the Thacker's. :rolleyes: They do have great bathrooms and the decorating is awesome. I will report back tomorrow when I wake up about the bed and the sheets!!

maxiesmom
07-15-2010, 10:37 PM
How cool that you all get to get together and go to a rubber show!! Have fun y'all!

shuggy
07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
us too!! only the service here at the sherri-ton isn't quite up to snuff. is there a shearton close by?

GSMom385
07-15-2010, 10:49 PM
now I am seriously jealous I missed the pun before:confused: I thought you guys were at a hotel. I am going to be watching soccer and the gang is going to be stamping. <sniff>

RubberLady603
07-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Have a blast everybody! I can't wait to see pics! I'll be thinking of you having fun while I work all weekend....Big Sigh........Is it wrong to be so jealous? LOL!

iloveflipflops
07-16-2010, 08:50 AM
We are off to do some serious stamp shopping today. We (Chelsea, Angie, Mary, Lesa and Joanie) are meeting up with Ellie, Patty and Michelle and going to Enchanted Cottage and Stampers Alley. They will LOVE LOVE LOVE Enchanted Cottage as they have about 35,000 stamps although it seems like they have 100,000 :).

RubberLady603
07-16-2010, 12:29 PM
OMG! 35,000 stamps! That sounds so cool!! Have fun and don't forget to breathe! I would love to see a picture of that too.

kerry
07-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh geez...Now I am even more jealous! You lucky ducks. I'd like to come stay at that Sherriton too...

Kerry

directmailscrapper
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Holy cow! You lucky, lucky girl! Have a blast!