PDA

View Full Version : True Confessions~Please don't think bad things about me!

ccstampin12
08-18-2010, 07:01 AM
LOL
That's right.....I've been BAD!:huh:
I haven't 'filed' any of my ATC swaps since sometime in 2008.
When I do this, I put them into the 9-pocket plastic sleeves and put the sleeves into 3-ring binders.
I decided to do the bags and envelopes last night while watching TV. I brought them all upstairs, some in a laundry basket, and others in shoeboxes.
I put them all into the pockets by swap.
Then I sorted the pocket pages by the year of the swap.
Then, I put them into binders by year.
Can you believe that since mid-2008 I have done 103 ATC swaps?:err:
And, so far in 2010, I have done 33 swaps!
No wonder I need to take a break for a while!:swoon:
Just thought I'd share this as it really didn't take THAT long to organize. Don't know why I put it off so long!
I have a big garbage bag full of the envelopes they arrived in, along with various plastic baggies. I should have saved them, but I know I wouldn't remember to use them, so threw them away.
Don't think bad things about me...I do love each and every one of them...it was so much fun to look at them all again....and this job is done for now!
LOL
Joanie:laugh:

HeatherJ
08-18-2010, 07:12 AM
It must have been quite a trip down memory lane for you! That is a lot of swapping!

milmogando
08-18-2010, 07:48 AM
oh congrats Joanie on getting that done. It makes me think of my photos and scrapbooks in dire need of some organizing... I love swapping with you. You are an amazing atc artist.

Mrs. Fence
08-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Good for you, for getting them organized! I always feel great once I do something I've been putting off. :)

shadoob
08-18-2010, 09:14 AM
well, if that is "bad" then I am one horrible person! glad you got it all done though. You DO swap alot. I am glad for that as I like getting your art.

cindi
08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
good for you Joanie, a job well done! I usually wait until I have 2 or 3 or5 swaps, then put them in my binder,,I hardly ever just add one at a time, but, then..I swap as much as you at least, so they come in quick
:)

dancing queen
08-18-2010, 09:51 AM
that sounds like it must have been a labor of love... and lots of fun. just curious ~ will you wait that long again?

ccstampin12
08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
that sounds like it must have been a labor of love... and lots of fun. just curious ~ will you wait that long again?

Haha!
I will certainly try to be more diligent with this project from now on!
Joanie

suzi_f
08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok, don't stone me as a heartic but I LOVE putting my ATCs in sleeves. If I don't send in sleeves (which I pretty much always do now), the first thing I do is put them in the sleeves. I feel so organized by doing this. I also love trimming SU stamps & putting my new Unity/Ippity stamps on transparancies. I guess I'm weird.... Ok, I KNOW I'm weird & this is just one more item to prove it. LOL

inkinupstamps
08-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Ok, don't stone me as a heartic but I LOVE putting my ATCs in sleeves. If I don't send in sleeves (which I pretty much always do now), the first thing I do is put them in the sleeves. I feel so organized by doing this. I also love trimming SU stamps & putting my new Unity/Ippity stamps on transparancies. I guess I'm weird.... Ok, I KNOW I'm weird & this is just one more item to prove it. LOL

Suzi, if you are weird then I'm weird right there next to you. Woohoo..I've found someone else who likes to trim SU stamps and put ATCs in sleeves. I get a real charge out of doing those things. Let's just call it great minds thinking alike rather than ''weird," ok?:wacko:

Patty
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Joanie--you make me laugh. I usually let my atcs pile up a bit and then put them in the sleeves. But, only 3 or 4 of them, then I organize them. I'm glad you feel better now that you are all caught up. How many binders of 'em are you up to now??

directmailscrapper
08-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a great way to spend an evening!

Paula Carden
08-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Oh Joanie if we all only new some of our quirks it would be hilarious! That is a lot of swaps!
I usually do mine within a day or so of getting them as I am always afraid of missing place one.
I bet you enjoyed looking at them as you were organizing them.

iupindiana
08-19-2010, 07:59 AM
You are one busy swaping lady. Enjoy your work.