PDA

View Full Version : Have I said how much I HATE NEW CAR SHOPPING?

iloveflipflops
08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I really really do hate it!!

Of course, its not going MY way so that's why I hate it today. LOL

Both dealerships are jacking us around, saying they said one thing when we know very well they said another. They both want me to bring my van again to look at it one more time. I do not have another few hours to waste! They each looked at it once, they drove it and said its in excellent condition and it is for a car with 140,000 miles. Geez, looks like no new car for me today or anyday as far as Charlie is concerned. He hates when dealerships do this and now just wants to prove a point that we do not NEED a new car (but hey, i do WANT one badly!) lol

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better!!!

suzi_f
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Sorry Sherri. It's a bummer to walk away when you had your heart set on a new car. We did that LAST summer & it made me very sad. I HATE car dealers!!! The ugliness of our "deal" colored how I feel about the new van. Although, I do like it better now w/the tinted windows!!!! But, the console would cost about $1200?!?!?! I guess I'm not getting that....

ccstampin12
08-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry, Sherri,
Maybe a couple other dealerships in the area?
Different car brand?
Would Toyota give you a better deal on a trade-in?
I guess it's just so frustrating now with the economy so bad.
Good luck!
Joanie

cindi
08-28-2010, 03:39 PM
what a pain in the "you know where"
good luck with it
:)

shuggy
08-28-2010, 03:41 PM
sorry, sherri. it is a pain in the butt!

iloveflipflops
08-28-2010, 05:19 PM
But i have my heart set on HONDA!!!!

We just got back from the Infiniti dealership. Got a brand new salesman, only been doing it for 1 month. 22 yo. Didn't know anything! :( I told him I wanted to see a white car with tan interior. What does he do? He shows a BLACK CAR WITH BLACK INTERIOR. OMG - I left there with a horrible migraine. Came home, laid down and now i'm better.

suzi_f
08-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry Sherri!!

shadoob
08-28-2010, 06:04 PM
What a bummer. If they wanted to see my van again, I'd tell them they can just lower the price of the car by another thousand dollars...your time is valuable.

I had a white Honda Civic with tan interior for several years and I really loved it. You and I are about the same stature (read: short) and it fit me very well.

The only problem I had was that it didn't have electonic stabilization and heightened traction control - both of which I want to drive in the snow. Since that is not an issue for you, I'd call back- tell them either the car is being sold at such and such a price or you will go to the next town. Don't let them boss you around. BE STRONG and take a few headache pills. : )

workin4stamps
08-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Are you home with your new car yet???