PDA

View Full Version : I quit my job!

mydogstinks2
10-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I had enough of not being treated how I should so I quit!

This is the first time I have ever just quit a job, just because. I have left jobs before because I was moving far away or because I had a better job. I have been in a really bad mood for a few days now and I just can't shake it. Today I just decided I deserve better!

Wish me luck in my job search that now starts tomorrow!

Chris:)

Erin K
10-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Well I'm glad you don't work for that horrible company anymore. I'm sure it's scarry though, I hope you find a new job super quick. We woudn't want your stinky dog to be a skinny dog too!

Giant hugs, I think if they were not treating you right that you really made the best decision!

Tons of luck on your job search!!

(I mistyped at first and put "joy" search, I hope that's what you really do find!)

cindi
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
A person should only have to take so much! I hope you find a job that will be not only a paycheck but something you'll like too. Good luck!!

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Congratulations and best of luck starting tomorrow :) Not having a job is not that bad...take it from me. Get a job in a craft store, will you? I could use the employee discount. (Kidding of course)

jdpisces
10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Good for you, Chris! That is a really impressive step. I wish I could do the same thing. But I don't have the guts and the benefits are just too darn good.

Good luck in your search!
Julie

Beaglelover
10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Enough is enough.

From Beaglelover (I think my dog stinks too!).

Just to make you feel better. Woke up one morning last week and took a shower BEFORE letting my dog outside to wee.

Came back and he had peed all over the corner of my new XXL CIS!!!.

Don't know if this is good or not, but most of his pee went into a ziplock bag the held holiday embellies!! (I had one of the zipper compartments undone!!) Did I have some cleaning to do or what???!!!

Good luck on the job search. When you have a job to go to everyday it should be something survivable at least!

Teresa

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Don't know if this is good or not, but most of his pee went into a ziplock bag the held holiday embellies!! (I had one of the zipper compartments undone!!) Did I have some cleaning to do or what???!!!

Teresa

Ohh boy....I would hate to be on your "naughty" list this year! LOL

stampcrazyjulie
10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Good Luck & don't worry you will find something soon!

Teresa...that is too funny! I am still laughing thinking about your Dog! It is exactly something that my Dog would do to get even with me! :)

Julie

teachr
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
good luck in the job search - sometimes you just have to say enough is nough and get out of a bad situation.

andrea

dgbearsmom
10-24-2006, 07:22 PM
I admire you for having the guts to quit something that wasn't right for you. Life is too short to hate your job. I hope you find something soon and that it's something you look forward to going to every day.

Best of luck to you, Chris!

Judy

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Good for you!! I bet it felt good didn't it?

Good luck finding another job. I am sure you won't have any problems.

GrammaStamper
10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats, Chris, on recognizing your own self-worth. You are way too talented and kind to be treated with anything less than respect. You will be working again in no time. Best of luck on your job search and keep us posted.

LinzyD
10-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Congrats on standing up for yourself and making others realize your worth! I'll pray your next employer values you for the hard-working, valuable person that you are!
:)
Linzy

Erin K
10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
So did you just walk out? Was it dramatic? I mean did you throw down your tag and spit on someone? Or did you maturely walk into your manager's office and let them know it's just not working for you anymore?

I've always dreamed of having a throw down quitting. I did tell a manager once that I didn't want the effin shirts. Then I felt like a jerk when I found out that they ordered me a shirt even though I'd given notice because they all felt like I was a part of the team still. They just acted like they didn't to throw me off... :o

Anyhow is there a dramatic story?

E

workin4stamps
10-25-2006, 05:54 PM
oh wow. After the week I've had at work so far, I'm really jealous!!!! I'm with you on that one!! I did email my district manager today about a new position she had mentioned to me last week, to see if she was serious. I'm tired of babysitting people all day long----when nobody really cares about anything. I can't MAKE them. It sucks. I want a new job too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
Traci

inkinupstamps
10-25-2006, 05:57 PM
WOW Traci! You had my heart a pumpin' there. I saw the title of the post "I QUIT MY JOB" and then saw your name and thought you'd quit yours too.:confused:

I say power to you ladies for standing up and not being walked on. NO ONE should ever be treated as a door mat!:mad:

mydogstinks2
10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I have just been having one of those weeks! I'm having troubles at home (nothing huge and all fixed now!) and I hated my job. Fixing the problem with the job was the easy one to fix! I just decided after spending almost a day of just crying:( (I blame PMS) that I was not going to work. No big drama of throwing down my name tag and spitting! LOL There are a few I would love to do that to!

I spent the day filling out apps. and I went to the place where I'm gonna sell some cards. They have a waiting list but seemed excited about my cards.:) I'm hoping to have some kind of a job by the end of next week. I don't really care what it is. I just needed a change!

Thanks again for all of your support!

Chris

lost luggage
10-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, I'll be the first to admit, I was excited to log in and see if there was a "take this job and shove it moment" but sometimes no drama is the best. :)

(I once had to fire a guy for telling a customer to "F" off. LOL I didn't want to fire him, but we both knew I had too..the customer was a real jerk and I wished I could tell him the same! LOL)

teabear
10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Everytime a door closes, a window opens. There is something wayyy better out there. I saw on the SU website in job opportunities that they are looking for designers. Maybe that's close to you....wouldn't that be a dream job! Something great is about to happen for you, I can just feel it :)

BTW, I walked out on a job once, but forgot my purse....So, I went back in and finished the shift. I was tending bar on Mother's Day with no bar back. It was awful...wish I had remembered my purse when I left the first time :)