PDA

View Full Version : utah-palooza '11 info thread

shuggy
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
here's the skinny on

utah palooza!!

october 6-9, 2011
thursday-sunday

you are welcome to come earlier or stay later. rooms are available from oct 5-9, 2011. some will be coming on wednesday.

hotel:

crystal inn midvalley (hotel website (http://www.crystalinnmidvalley.com/index.php))
room rate: $72 + tax/night (per room, not per person)
2 queen beds in each room, can add a roll away bed for $10/night
includes complimentary hot breakfast each morning and a light dinner from 5p-8p
free shuttle to and from airport (i will also be able to shuttle people)
5 minutes from palooza location

more hotel info: 8473

you will be responsible for making your own personal reservations. these need to be made by september 1, 2011. only one person per room needs to make their reservation. roommate list will be updated when people decide who to room with. when you call to make your reservation, ask for the utah-palooza block. specify which date you are arriving (they are now for october 5th, but it's fine to change what day you are arriving or leaving)

so if you are staying for 4 nights with one roomie, it will be $144 + tax for the room for each person. cheap!

palooza site:

mary's clubhouse
5 minutes from hotel
large space with a full kitchen and restrooms
$200 for the weekend. we will need to clean ourselves (garbage each night, good cleaning on sunday) or there will be an additional $100 cleaning fee
will need a $20 deposit (per person) to angie by april 1, 2011

if we have more than 10 people coming, refund for the clubhouse deposit will be given at the end of the event.

definitely coming:

angie
mary
traci (deposit sent)
chelsea (deposit sent :) )
lesa (deposit sent)
joanie (deposit sent)
joanne (deposit sent)
mary h (deposit sent)
joan (deposit sent)
paula (deposit sent)

if you are confirming to come, reply in this thread (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40629).

so total cost for hotel and clubhouse will be around $200 per person. this will vary depending on taxes and how many actually come. will only be cheaper than this! if you are not needing a hotel it will be $20 for the clubhouse.

how can you pass this up??

questions? ask away!

workin4stamps
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
the hotel includes a light dinner???

iloveflipflops
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM

woo hoo!!!!

shuggy
11-12-2010, 05:52 PM

i guess so!!

maxiesmom
11-12-2010, 06:42 PM
It's a 5 minute walk or drive between hotel and clubhouse?

shuggy
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
It's a 5 minute walk or drive between hotel and clubhouse?

5 minute drive. it's about 2 miles. so i guess depending on how fast you walk.

tojoco
11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
will there be drivers to take us to and from?

shuggy
11-12-2010, 08:33 PM
will there be drivers to take us to and from?

a shuttle service will be provided (by me and mary!!)

tattoolesa
11-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Sounds fabulous!

tattoolesa
11-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Omg! There is a cheesecake factory nearby! Who will go with me? Yummmmmmy :)

shuggy
11-12-2010, 11:50 PM

yup. just down the street!!

iloveflipflops
11-13-2010, 06:34 AM

Do you have to ask? ME!!! I love cheesecake!

Kreative Dryve
11-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I am planning for it, but it will definately depend on what is going on with my masters program. I don't need a room, because I will be staying with family and friends.
I will let you know a definate answer soon. Can't wait!

Paula Carden
01-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Is Mary's Clubhouse another hotel?

tojoco
01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Angie, since I would be flying in and a lot of my supplies wouldn't be able to make it with me in my carry-on, would you mind if I make up a small package of my scissors, cutter, craft knife, etc. and mailed it to your house just before our weekend? Then I would repackage it and ask if you would take it to the post office to mail back to me.

I am definitely interested in coming and would love to be on the committed list but I need a roommate. Would anyone be interested in rooming with me? Suzi, anyone else?

ccstampin12
01-07-2011, 08:48 AM

Step AWAY from the cheesecake!:no2:

suzi_f
01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I am definitely interested in coming and would love to be on the committed list but I need a roommate. Would anyone be interested in rooming with me? Suzi, anyone else?

IF I make it (and it's a HUGE IF!!!) I'll be traveling w/my family. The kids don't want to go AT ALL but Scott would like to drive out & explore while I hang w/y'all. Of course, the whole thing is still very shaky at best!

shuggy
01-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Angie, since I would be flying in and a lot of my supplies wouldn't be able to make it with me in my carry-on, would you mind if I make up a small package of my scissors, cutter, craft knife, etc. and mailed it to your house just before our weekend? Then I would repackage it and ask if you would take it to the post office to mail back to me.

absolutely!! of course, between me and mary, we probably have anything you can't bring on the plane!!

Paula Carden
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
so is Mary's clubhouse, Mary's house?

maxiesmom
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
so is Mary's clubhouse, Mary's house?

No, I am assuming it is a building in her complex. A lot of apartment, condo, mobile home complexes have clubhouses for the residents to use for a fee of some kind.

Paula Carden
01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Good point! I never thought of that. I was thinking another hotel or something and was thinking maybe staying there.

Desert Stamper
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I am definitely coming!! Will the hotel guarantee non-smoking rooms? (very allergic!) Anyone want to room with me? Warning! I snore sometimes! :o) And Cheesecake Factory is my favorite place - the best salmon ever, not to mention cheesecake.

GSMom385
02-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Angie what is the closest airport?? I will price airfare and talk to the IA girls and get back to you but if it is in Oct I might be able to swing that.

workin4stamps
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Cindy you would want to fly into Salt Lake City. Angie can confirm, but that is the closest I am pretty sure!!

MnMommy2
02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I really want to make it to one of these one year!

shuggy
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I am definitely coming!! Will the hotel guarantee non-smoking rooms? (very allergic!) Anyone want to room with me? Warning! I snore sometimes! :o) And Cheesecake Factory is my favorite place - the best salmon ever, not to mention cheesecake.

salt lake city.

sorry, haven't had the shack for the weekend...stupid service provider...

Sweetpea
02-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I guess I'd better get on the ball and answer some questions!! Our condo clubhouse is about, maybe 5 houses away from my house. It has recently been remodeled and has a lovely kitchen, bathrooms and lots and lots of space for all or our stuff. We can get in Wednesday afternoon to start setting up we have it reserved until Sunday. It will be locked and secured every night so we don't need to worry about our precious treasures and toys. The complex manager has his office at the club house, but he won't bother us and we certainly won't bother him. With the breakfast being served at the hotel, we will figure out lunches and dinners. The kitchen is full service with two ovens, a microwave, fridge, etc. Angie and I both have a ton of punches, trimmers, paper (cardstock, etc) so if you have a specific tool that you don't want to pack, let us know and if we have it, don't pack it. i am so excited that you all are coming (and wanting to come) to Utah. We are very excited to host and treat you all like you treat us when we come East. Questions? Bring them on--we'll get them answered. Mary

Sweetpea
02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Angie what is the closest airport?? I will price airfare and talk to the IA girls and get back to you but if it is in Oct I might be able to swing that.
Yes, Cindi, Salt Lake City International Airport is about 15 minutes away from my house. The hotel Angie has made arragements with has a shuttle service to and from the airport and is very close to my house. That would be awesome if you guys could come.

Sweetpea
02-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I am definitely coming!! Will the hotel guarantee non-smoking rooms? (very allergic!) Anyone want to room with me? Warning! I snore sometimes! :o) And Cheesecake Factory is my favorite place - the best salmon ever, not to mention cheesecake. Joan, it will be fun to meet you. Would you drive up or fly in? It's about a 6 hour drive from Vegas.

shuggy
02-19-2011, 12:29 AM
I guess I'd better get on the ball and answer some questions!! Our condo clubhouse is about, maybe 5 houses away from my house. It has recently been remodeled and has a lovely kitchen, bathrooms and lots and lots of space for all or our stuff. We can get in Wednesday afternoon to start setting up we have it reserved until Sunday. It will be locked and secured every night so we don't need to worry about our precious treasures and toys. The complex manager has his office at the club house, but he won't bother us and we certainly won't bother him. With the breakfast being served at the hotel, we will figure out lunches and dinners. The kitchen is full service with two ovens, a microwave, fridge, etc. Angie and I both have a ton of punches, trimmers, paper (cardstock, etc) so if you have a specific tool that you don't want to pack, let us know and if we have it, don't pack it. i am so excited that you all are coming (and wanting to come) to Utah. We are very excited to host and treat you all like you treat us when we come East. Questions? Bring them on--we'll get them answered. Mary

isn't my cute mom cute?? :)

workin4stamps
02-19-2011, 09:19 AM

she is SUPER cute!!!

iloveflipflops
02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
No, not just super cute .... SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetpea
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh you guys, thanks. I failed to mention in my three posts, that Angie's "cute" dad has volunterred to cook for us one night. That will be an experience for all!!

Paula Carden
02-19-2011, 07:46 PM

She sure is...and sweet too-must be why she is Sweet Pea- we should change the to Cute Sweet Pea!

shuggy
02-26-2011, 07:33 AM
don't forget to confirm if you are coming in this thread (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40629) and send a deposit to either me or mary. (joan, mary got yours...)

shuggy
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
since spring palooza is fresh in our minds, so i'm bumping this up so you can remember to sign up for fall palooza. all the info is here, but if you have other questions, ask away!! remember to send your $20 deposit to me or mary asap!

remember to sign up under the confirmation thread (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40629) if you are planning on coming.

Paula Carden
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you want a check or paypal?

shuggy
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
check, please.

Paula Carden
04-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Ok! I will put it in the mail when I get home. I have my airline tickets. My dh is coming-we will come in before the Shack Meet and do some touristy stuff and then come back to SLC Thurs but will have to leave for the airport early Sunday am so I won't get to stay until the last minute. He will hang out at the hotel while we stamp away.
He is a pretty good sport (most of the time and don't tell him I said so)

Kreative Dryve
04-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I am still planning on coming, don't want to miss on one that is so stinkin' close. Won't be needing a room, have plenty of family and friends to stay with in SLC.
Will pay soon.

shuggy
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
bumping up. added those coming. any others need to be added?

shuggy
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
updated with those deposits we've received.

shuggy
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
up up and away!!

anyone else need to be added to the "coming" list?

Paula Carden
06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Cant wait- do I need to figure out projects?

tattoolesa
07-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey Ang, Can you check with your cute mom? I sent my check months ago :)

shuggy
07-15-2011, 05:30 PM
lesa, sorry, updated to show she got your deposit.