PDA

View Full Version : Server Upgrade and Site Software Upgrade Successful

StampShackMike
12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware The Stamp Shack has been migrated to a different internet hosting company. The server is twice as powerful in hardware as well. The downtime experienced by the community was unacceptable. You will find if in the rare event there is downtime it will be for a very short duration. I can tell you in my experience with the new hosting company downtime is extremely rare! We do have monitoring in place now so if the site goes down ever I will get a text and be calling the hosting company within 60 seconds! That is what I do.

In addition the software the community runs on has been upgraded and patched to the latest version.

Thanks for being part of the community. Looking forward to sharing and growing with all of you.

Sincerely,
Mike

ccstampin12
12-16-2010, 11:34 AM
OH, Yippee Skippee!
This sounds wonderful!!!
Thank you so much!
Joanie

cindi
12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
woo hoo!!! it's like a party!!! thanks Mike!!!
:)

kimmyqtgirl
12-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow sounds like you really keep on top of things. Thanks for keeping us in the loop:)

kerry
12-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update Shackie Mike!

tojoco
12-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Shackie Mike -- I like that Kerry. Thanks so much and glad to hear we'll have someone to communicate with.

Patty
12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Wow...Merry Christmas to you too, Mike. Glad you're here...Sounds great to me!!!

Christie
12-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I can tell you this is music to lots of our ears!!!!!! Thanks!

midnitecreations
12-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh wow, that sounds very technically efficient! I was having such issues coming on here lately, that I think I kind of quit trying. Thank you so much taking care of it.

maxiesmom
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi Mike and welcome to the Shack! Everything sounds like you sure know what you're doing here. We already like you, you have a cute doggie as your avatar. ;)

StampShackMike
12-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi,

Glad you think we are going in the right direction. I also knew using a cute avatar would score me points ;) I am sure we will break an egg or two while we try to fix/improve but I promise we will promptly clean up any messes and in the end it will only add to everyone's experience.

Shackie Mike