PDA

View Full Version : Fall Shackapalooza '11

Sweetpea
03-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Hi All-
I was just wondering if we could get a little better count on who is coming to Utah this fall. Angie and I are very excited to host this event and show off a little of Utah!

I have two checks for the clubhouse deposit so far, and I believe that Angie suggested that they be here by the end of February. It is $20 per person.

Spring Palooza is just a short 1 month away and October will be here before we know it. Let me know, if you can, if you are going to be able to make it to Utah.

Thanks,
Mary
(sweetpea)

shuggy
03-12-2011, 10:46 PM
hooray!! if you need info, lookie here (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40628)...

ps it was really the end of april, but who's counting!!

ccstampin12
03-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Ahhhh.....I must have missed that!
I'll tell Lesa, and we'll get on that deposit thing ASAP!
As far as I know, we are planning to do the Utah-palooza!
YAY!
Joanie

workin4stamps
03-13-2011, 10:06 AM
of course I'm coming!!! I hope I don't have to spend $700 on an airline ticket to get there. LOL

Paula Carden
03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I will get you a check too. I am sorry I missed the deadline.
Trying to decide on airfare but I think I am coming.

shuggy
03-13-2011, 12:57 PM
no need to worry, there really wasn't a missed deadline!! april was a suggested time...but even if you don't know until august, you can still come!!

mahodgman
03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok girlies, here is my story. It looks like I will not be able to attend SU convention this year in July, and that makes me really sad. But....if I can come to palooza in Oct I won't be so sad anymore! I have to work out some details like money and work schedules and things, but it is looking pretty good for Oct. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Traci, holy cow $700 for airfare? Is that what it is going for right now? I was watching the fares for July to UT, and I was upset that it rose from just under $200 to $300. I can't even imagine paying $700, that's crazy!

Sweetpea
03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I will get you a check too. I am sorry I missed the deadline.
Trying to decide on airfare but I think I am coming.

Opps. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Sorry. Looking forward to having you here.

Sweetpea
03-13-2011, 01:40 PM
of course I'm coming!!! I hope I don't have to spend $700 on an airline ticket to get there. LOL

Holy Cow! I don't blame you for not coming if that is truly the airfare! Wow. We'll have to have a talk with the airlines!!!

tojoco
03-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I also plan on going. I will send in my $20 deposit ASAP but before the end of April. Will you please send another reminder then?

I just realized ... can I give it to you at the Spring Palooza?

workin4stamps
03-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I was kidding about the airfare girls. It's only up to $400 right now!!! lol

maxiesmom
03-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Just checked on Delta and it's 500 for a flight from Detroit to SLC, that's a no from me for sure. That's up about 80 bucks from the last time I looked.

Paula Carden
03-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I hoping to try Southwest. I have never flown with them- but they have just started at the Greenville-Spartenburg airport.

mahodgman
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I hoping to try Southwest. I have never flown with them- but they have just started at the Greenville-Spartenburg airport.

I love Southwest......2 checked bags for free, yay!

GSMom385
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
DH said I could go, but I still have to wait until the store schedule is final for Oct, which won't be until sometime late July. So I am a really strong maybe. Provided there isn't a grand opening that week, (which I really doubt because we don't like doing stuff first of fiscal like that) then I am a go. I will get a check dropped in the mail to you. Southwest is definitely the way to go if you can. LOVE that airline!!! I would avoid Delta like the plague. Sorry if anyone is a Delta employee.....but every time I fly with them something happens. Nothing personal but they seem to be cursed for me.

suzi_f
03-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm probably a NO. With us going to North Carolina for vacation this year, a trip to UT seems highly doubtful. I'd never say NEVER.....

shuggy
03-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm probably a NO. With us going to North Carolina for vacation this year, a trip to UT seems highly doubtful. I'd never say NEVER.....

never say never!!

i was looking at flights today and checked from different areas that shackies would fly from. average was $380. the way i see it, if you plan in august, that's roughly 20 weeks. so put away $20 a week (four coffees from a coffee shop/two lunches out) starting now and you will have enough! then do the same from august to october and you have room/play money!!

Paula Carden
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I love Southwest......2 checked bags for free, yay!

Oh YEA! Then I can bring more with me. My DH is coming-he will stay at the hotel while I stamp then on Sunday we will begin to explore a little bit of Utah where we haven't been before.

maxiesmom
03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Southwest doesn't have their Oct. schedules up yet. I looked at several sites today, I am not willing to deal with long layovers for a cheaper price. And Delta is the major carrier from Detroit since they took over Northwest, not that it's my first choice either. Southwest doesn't have a direct flight from here to SLC.

workin4stamps
03-14-2011, 10:25 AM
I always end up on Delta. It's the only airline I can usually get a direct flight from....

Desert Stamper
03-16-2011, 01:38 AM
I'll be there!! Not sure if I'll drive or fly (500 miles). If I fly, it'll probably be via Southwest, but last time I looked, they didn't have the October flights available yet. So, not having been to a palooza before, is there anything special that we'll do stamping-wise that we need to prepare for? I'll just be so excited to meet so many of you IRL!

kimmyqtgirl
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I have to pass this year:( I would love to see Utah! Angie that putting away $20 is a great idea, but maybe when I actually have a job LOL!

jaimeelee
03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
no need to worry, there really wasn't a missed deadline!! april was a suggested time...but even if you don't know until august, you can still come!!

Oh good, because I was interested but I wasn't sure if I could fully commit yet because of my work schedule. They might have me flying out for a month around September or October, but if not, I'm already in Utah and should definitely take advantage of the fun!! I would be so excited to meet all of you, I'm loving this so far!

tattoolesa
04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Geez. I am a little late with this. I will send my check today!

ccstampin12
04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Me, too....except the mail has already come for today.
To whom do we write the check?
Mail to Mary?
Joanie

workin4stamps
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Angie said you could send to either.....didn't matter!!! so excited!!!

shuggy
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
ye pm either one of us.