PDA

View Full Version : Took the kids yesterday to get their halloween costumes

iloveflipflops
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
If you remember me telling you, Nicholas (who is a BOY and is 11) wanted to be a witch. I was like "What?" So luckily, he found some long black cape headless thing he will wear that. I mean, i can't have my son be a witch can I ? Emily and her best friend decided on each being a bumble bee. THeir costumes are adorable but they are going to FREEZE. They will not listen of course at age 14 so I guess I will let them freeze. At least that is done! Now I gotta figure out where we're going trick or treating as the houses in our neighboorhood are too spread out ....

LinzyD
10-25-2006, 07:03 AM
:) There was an episode of Roseanne about this-DJ wanted to be a witch and his dad was embarassed! I went as a "queen bee" last year for halloween-it was a lot of fun-I wore a little tiney crown and carried a sceptor and handed out bit of honeys at the party. :)
Cute costums!
Linzy

suzi_f
10-25-2006, 07:37 AM
It was causing me so much stress. We told the kids we would give them $10 each and buy them each 2 big bags of candy. They would get the candy the liked, get cash! and Mom didn't have to come up w/costumes. Saves money in the long run (we usually have over 100 kids each year) and I don't have to deal w/any of the hassle.

Not a huge fan of the trick or treat thing. First, we spend every other day telling our kids not to take candy from strangers but, one night a year, it's ok?? Plus, living in a big neighborhood, we get kids that don't live anywhere near here: parents drop them off by the car load. Plus, the bigger ones are RUDE. And, they destroyed my pumpkins one year. I'm am done w/it all.

I still love decorating for halloween. I think it's just my "christmas" spirit getting to kick in early :)

suzi_f
10-25-2006, 07:40 AM
I thought after Harry Potter, boys were allowed to be witch-like. Maybe they have to have the glasses.

LinzyD
10-25-2006, 07:44 AM
It was causing me so much stress. We told the kids we would give them $10 each and buy them each 2 big bags of candy. They would get the candy the liked, get cash! and Mom didn't have to come up w/costumes. Saves money in the long run (we usually have over 100 kids each year) and I don't have to deal w/any of the hassle.

Not a huge fan of the trick or treat thing. First, we spend every other day telling our kids not to take candy from strangers but, one night a year, it's ok?? Plus, living in a big neighborhood, we get kids that don't live anywhere near here: parents drop them off by the car load. Plus, the bigger ones are RUDE. And, they destroyed my pumpkins one year. I'm am done w/it all.

I still love decorating for halloween. I think it's just my "christmas" spirit getting to kick in early :)

Too funny! You paid them off?!?! Can't say I blame you!
:D

LinzyD
10-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Rosie's SIL made some really cute costumes out of just stuff from around the house...they were very creative...if your kid didn't mind dressing up as a bowl of spegetti for halloween! :rolleyes:
Linzy

LinzyD
10-25-2006, 07:46 AM
when costumes were made out of plastic and came with a platic little mask held on by a string?
I went as snoopy one year...a carebear the next...ah memories! :)
Linzy

shuggy
10-25-2006, 11:31 AM
i remember those! they were the 'coolest' costumes at the time!! my favorite was wonder woman!!

angie

lost luggage
10-25-2006, 11:35 AM
My mother used to make us EXTREME costumes...she was an artist. Everything was so fantastic, I only hope I can come up for something half as cool for my daughter as she grows up.