PDA

View Full Version : My cake is stuck!

mjbonoan
08-21-2011, 06:58 PM
It's happened to me several times now...
I bake a bundt cake and it sticks to my non-stick bundt cake pan that I've carefully sprayed with cooking/baking spray. The pan is fairly new and has no scratches on it. I'm using the right temp and cakes are good, however, half of the cake is stuck to my pan and the other half is on my cake platter! ... What is happeneing?

maxiesmom
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
That is a total bummer. The only thing I might add is to flour the pan as well lightly, but truthfully I almost never do and only spray it. Could be something with the pan?? Very odd, perhaps contact the manufacturer of the pan?

Paula Carden
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I do the shortening (thin layer) and lightly flour. You could try seasoning the pan with some cooking oil and then washing it afterwards to see if that helps

milmogando
08-22-2011, 01:30 AM
i butter then flour...i hate it when a cake sticks!

suzi_f
08-22-2011, 07:41 AM
What a total BUMMER!!! I have no ideas to help, just sympathy. Can you still BUY bundt pans??? I loved some of their flavors but don't see them anymore.

ccstampin12
08-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I cover the inside of my Bundt pan with a spray of Bakers' Joy. It's a mixture of oily and flour.
Works every time. I really blast the pan with it....doesn't smell great, so spray it outside.
Good luck
Joanie