PDA

View Full Version : To sort or not to sort

Patty
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
How do you sort/store your paper? My 8 1/2 x 11 solid is in those "in and out" trays. The 12x12 is in those sterite drawers by color. My problem is some is heavier weight than others--usually the double sided is heavier and I like to use that for the base of a card. I was looking for some for that purpose this week and was very frustrated b/c MOST of my 12x12 is one sided for scrapbooking. How do you store yours? Do you separate dbl sided from one sided? Heavier from lighter? :confused:

Lori
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I keep my double sided seperate. Other then that, I do what you're doing. I also keep Halloween and Christmas paper seperate. I have a drawer for Tim Holtz, Graphic 45, and KC Company paper.

shuggy
09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
i pretty much have two kinds...my cardstock (i'm a su loyal with cardstock) and patterned paper. so i keep my cardstock in a file cabinet and the rest in a cube with slots. mostly sorted by 3 themes...christmas, halloween and everything else!

Patty
09-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I keep my double sided seperate. Other then that, I do what you're doing. I also keep Halloween and Christmas paper seperate. I have a drawer for Tim Holtz, Graphic 45, and KC Company paper.

I also have drawers for Christmas, Halloween/tksgvg, St. Pat's/ B'day. But you do take the paper out of the pads?

Patty
09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
i pretty much have two kinds...my cardstock (i'm a su loyal with cardstock) and patterned paper. so i keep my cardstock in a file cabinet and the rest in a cube with slots. mostly sorted by 3 themes...christmas, halloween and everything else!

so you empty the pads too??

cindi
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
sort my paper? I am supposed to do that? oh Lord, I am in trouble
;)

Patty
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I have decided that the next time I go to look at paper (which could be any minute!!) I'mj gonna look with cards in mind---no more scrapbook paper!

RubberLady603
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
sort my paper? I am supposed to do that? oh Lord, I am in trouble
;)

LOL! Me too! I have cardstock separate from patterned but that's it for organization.

suzi_f
09-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I have som REALLY heavy one sided paper; don't understand the whole "sided" question.... I have most of my pattern paper arranged by it's dominant color. Then, I have a 12x12 Really Useful Box (LOVE those in ALL SIZES) that has some of my more "loved" papers by manufactuer; Oct Afternoon, Echo Park, Basic Grey, etc. Those are pretty much my go-to papers. ALL of them are pretty darn thick, no matter what's on the back!! Most of my cardstock is now 8.5x11 since i don't scrapbook anymore (although I really WANT to!!!) It's in a file box alpha by names (almost all SU paper now!) The 12x12 is in another paper taker arranged by color.

67Cats
09-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I have a shelf thing on the wall that I got from Home Goods Store - has 3 spaces; I have my solid SU CS in it for Bolds, Subtles, Regals
Then under it I have a magazine basket for my neutrals and white, etc.
I have two flip top bins that have my 12 x 12 all types of paper - solid colors, patterns etc

I sound organized - but I am NOT!

penelope
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I have bought the pads of printed papers and then they sit. So I started making envelopes out of them and boy paper disappeared fast. I have them in file bins but whites alway get mixed up. Colors no problem. -- Penelope

Firecracker
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I have 12x12 filing cabinets and I sort by brand. My cardstock is sorted by Stampin Up, Close to my Heart, Bazzill and of it is just miscellanous I do it by color.

Paula Carden
09-27-2011, 06:37 AM
My 12X12 is sorted by theme or dominant color. I have Christmas, Halloween'fall, Pets, Travel separated and then others by the color. 8x11 is separated by color.

JBgreendawn
09-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I sort everything by color ( its the only way i can find it again in the mess, although there is one shelf set aside for Christmas and one is full of Basic Grey only the rest is all by the main color. the double sided is sorted by the side i like best ( most double sided papers i have more then one sheet of it so if i like both sides equally well, i put one sheet in the other color if its really different.

Im starting to rip up all my 6" pads though and do the same to them because those suckers are breeding in the closet at night.