PDA

View Full Version : Postal Service Rant!!!

ccstampin12
10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
:arghh:Imagine my surprise when I received a credit card bill stating that my payment was late...complete with the $15 late fee.
I paid that bill on the phone right then and there.
Then I called my bank to see if that check had been cashed...it hadn't, so stopped payment on the check...$25 fee. $40 later, I got a letter from the postal service stating that they were unable to deliver that check, which they had photocopied the top of. It seems to me, if they can open the envelope, take the check out, photocopy it, shred it, and mail me a letter, they should have been able to deliver the thing!!!!!
In addition, my credit reports are probably lower now. Can't even tell you how frustrated I am with this right now!
And USPS is raising their rates next year! Great...just great!:arghh:

jazzypurple853
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't blame you one bit for being ticked oFF!

Lori
10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Ugh! I don't get it, they must not feed those machines, as they keep chewing up our mail!

firefly
10-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I use online bill paying. Now I know why! Hopefully Joanie this experience won't affect your credit score.

RubberLady603
10-18-2011, 07:53 PM
That's just crap! Why didn't they mail it back to you if they had it open and had your address to send another letter? Says a lot if they don't even trust themselves to send it back. I would be ticked too!

Christie
10-19-2011, 08:30 AM
they should be the ones to pay for all the extra fees they caused you to have to pay!

cindi
10-19-2011, 09:13 AM
well that sucks! and Christie has a good point.
:(

Patty
10-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Joanie--I'm confused....if you paid by phone, why was there a check to begin with?? Usually when I pay by phone I get a confirmation #--
FIGHT IT, GIRL!!!!

ccstampin12
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
The original, on-time payment was made with the check that never got to the credit card company!
So, when I called to see about it, I paid with the routing numbers on my account, since they still hadn't received it. Then, I stopped payment on the lost check!
GRRRRR

shuggy
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
ugh...that sucks.

i got this the other day from suzi...

and inside looked like this:

luckily the atcs were unharmed, but there was other stuff in the envelope that wasn't from suzi!!

ccstampin12
10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
ugh...that sucks.

i got this the other day from suzi...

and inside looked like this:

luckily the atcs were unharmed, but there was other stuff in the envelope that wasn't from suzi!!

YUP!
Let's give 'em a raise!

penelope
10-20-2011, 09:31 AM
That happened to me. Was delivered to the wrong business and the business sent it back to me, one month later. Talk about being p o ed. - Nancy

suzi_f
10-20-2011, 02:12 PM
but there was other stuff in the envelope that wasn't from suzi!!

How do you KNOW it wasn't from me???? LOL I'm sooo glad the ATCs were unharmed. I'm starting to worry about the whole Business Sized envelope thing. This is twice they've gotten damaged. But, it's soooooo much cheaper.......<whine>

shuggy
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM
How do you KNOW it wasn't from me???? LOL I'm sooo glad the ATCs were unharmed. I'm starting to worry about the whole Business Sized envelope thing. This is twice they've gotten damaged. But, it's soooooo much cheaper.......<whine>

just throw some tape on it. seems to work for me.

suzi_f
10-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Is that like the sports adage "rub some dirt on it"?? I keep think I'll do that & I never remember. Plus, it doesn't help on the return trip.....