PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED AGAIN- All info re: Bingo game is here

maxiesmom
01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I would like to get started on this. For our first Bingo in some time I would like to offer a nice prize to the winner.

You will send to me as your admission a small, new item as a prize for the pot of a 3.00 value. Since postage will be rising shortly I don't want anyone to have to spend for the prize and then too much to send it to me. Please try to find a nice embellishment, stamp, accessory, ribbon of some kind. Let's NOT have a box full of dollar stamps from Michael's!

You will also send one first class stamp to help pay for postage to the winner. I will cover any extra that is needed, including if it is going outside the US.

I will send you a PM when I receive your entry and you will reply by PM with your Bingo numbers and so we will both have a record of what your numbers are. A second person yet to be designated will also receive the numbers. You will choose 10 numbers between 1-100.

You may send your entry in as soon as you wish in order to beat the postage increase. I would like all the entries in my possession by February 23. That is one month away and should give everyone who wishes to play plenty of time for it to get to me.

We will begin playing no later than March 1. If everyone who expresses an interest in playing has sent me their prize/numbers before 02.23.13, we can begin on Feb. 24 or 25.

I will post the numbers around the same time everyday. However if we get close to a winner I can change to a time when more of us will be available.

Seem to remember a main board that was on here for everyone to refer to if needed. Maybe our wonderful moderator Sarah could help with that?

This game is open to Shack Plus AND Junior members- unlike a swap. As an extra prize on top of all the Bingo entires, Stamp Shack Mike is also donating a free one year Shack membership as a prize!!

thank you for playing with me!!

shuggy
01-21-2013, 12:13 AM
i think a $5 prize is good. i can't remember who handled the numbers before. i think we had to send them to someone??

i'm in. can't wait!

RubberLady603
01-21-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm in! Just let me know....

loobylou
01-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Kathy. I am not joining the bingo game. If you want me to do anything let me know know. I would suggest you private message members when you receive their prize contribution and the members send you a private message reply with their numbers by a certain date. That way you both have a copy of the message to refer to .
I will make this thread "sticky" so it stays at the top of the competitions forum. I can do the same to the number calling thread

Paula Carden
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Sounds good! 5.00 is good too. I think before we emailed our numbers, plus maybe posted them in a post somewhere too. Some had them in their signature line.
Tell me what to do and I will do it. I am so glad we are going to get things shaking here again.

ccstampin12
01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't feel an expensive prize is ever necessary for our games. What do we do if we want to play again? How can we keep up with pricey prizes? Something small, with a limit of worth. Maybe we can all send to one person as a clearing house for prize distribution. THAT sounds like a terrible job.....wow.
Thoughts?
Joanie

ccstampin12
01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
I am worried that I won't be able to play....sigh...we'll be away for the next almost 4 weeks.
I haven't gotten onto the Shack on my IPAD yet, but I will try to figure it out!!! I am so NOT techie!
HUGS

cindi
01-21-2013, 09:44 AM
i am good with whatever.
:)

kimmyqtgirl
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I love Bingo! I will gladly play:) I don't think $5 is too much - especially with coupons you can get alot of loot for $5 :) Another prize idea would be send in cash and get a gift card for a big grand prize. With paypal and all the online stores it would be easy to purchase a card for someone no matter what country and send funds. I guess we would have to wait until the game is over in case there's more than one winner. Just a thought. And definitely having someone that hosts receive all the prizes and distribute is a great idea. That way you know the winner will get it all at once. I am super excited and trying to be a daily Shackie again :)

tojoco
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I am definitely in. Either $ amount is okay for me but I really think you can get some good items for $3 (especially if there's a sale at a craft store) and you know some of us will probably go over the limit anyway. March 1st seems like a good time to start the game unless, like you said, everything is in order to start earlier. All goodies and stamp should be mailed to you for distribution. How many numbers do we have to choose from and how many do we choose? I really forgot how it worked but it seems like I vaguely remember 100 numbers; maybe I'm wrong. I also think we should email our number choices to you and an alternate. Can't wait to start playing this fun game again. Thanks for taking this on.

Far North
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh Kimmy, what a creative thought! I am not usually one for gift cards but I am working so hard not to have an excess of products I am not using in my craft room. A gift card would allow the winner to purchase something that they truly would look forward to using. The winner could decide a local shop if the like or a online store and either way a gift card could be purchased online...or a Visa/mastercard could be purchased for that matter. Anyways that is far easier and cheaper that mailing prizesto a coordinating person and then mailing them onto the winner.

What do others think of a gift card?

RubberLady603
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I think the gift card idea is great! Then the winner can splurge on something they really want. But I'm good with whatever everyone else wants to do.......

HeatherJ
01-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I am good with either prize amount. I think we should mail them to the organizer. On the bottom of my signature is an "immortalization" of my winning numbers. Once I post this message I will count and edit!

**Both games were 10 numbers.

maxiesmom
01-21-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't feel an expensive prize is ever necessary for our games. What do we do if we want to play again? How can we keep up with pricey prizes? Something small, with a limit of worth. Maybe we can all send to one person as a clearing house for prize distribution. THAT sounds like a terrible job.....wow.
Thoughts?
Joanie

Joanie, like I said, for this first start up game I would like there to be some excitement over having a nice prize for the winner. For any subsequent games that we have, we don't need to have any prize or just one small item. If you are uncomfortable with sending a prize in you can certainly pass this time and play next time when you will have more opportunity to be online.

maxiesmom
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
While I do think the gift card idea is a good one, I am not personally really comfortable with people sending me money. A bunch of checks, while I am willing to cash them will be a hassle, I certainly don't want people sending cash- you just don't know these days and I am really not set up to accept Paypal although I guess I could figure it out. I did take PP when I sold some stamps once.

If the majority of players want to do the gift card, I will bow to the will of the people. Again, part of my role as hostess is to be the prize collector and mailer.

And yes, there were 10 numbers. I was considering cutting it down to 75, but will probably keep it at 100.

RubberLady603
01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Definitely don't want it to turn into a big hassle for you Kathy! Maybe easier if we all send a small prize and some stamps? Like I said, I'm good with however you choose to go about it. The fun is in participating in the daily checking of your numbers.

HeatherJ
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I would never want to look a gift horse in the mouth so please don't think this is a complaint, just a thought to consider. I had won a GinaK gift certificate as a prize. I think it was for bingo. Anyway, I was thrilled and really love the stamp set I picked out. The bummer was that it cost me something like $15 for shipping and handling to get it. I am sure rates are better for US gals, but just a thought I had.

Far North
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Heather-I have experienced that too...yeah I do know takes away a big piece of a nice prize. So that is why I was suggesting a gift card to the winner's choice. It could be to a local business for you if a card could be purchased online or to an online store if you use one from time to time or a generic card like a Visa gift card that you could use at you local crafting store than is not online.

I have won prizes where the host has done this for me and I have the gift card code in literally minutes from talking to the host.

Truly I am fine with whatever works best for you Kathy.

Fief14
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm in! I like the $3-5 prize idea, but I'll go along with whatever the group decides. If I remember right each player picks 10 numbers out of 100 and 5 numbers were called each day.

maxiesmom
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
changes made to original post, bumping up.

limeyscrapper
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Lots of good ideas for prizes - I like the gift card idea the best, but i realize that it's difficult for the organizer to get everyone's money.
Unfortunately I will be away for most of March, ( it's not really unfortunate - I'm going somewhere warmer!) so I won't be playing this time, but I hope you all have a lot of fun.

tojoco
02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm having a senior moment. So I pick 10 numbers out of 1-100. Send them to Kathy. If all my ten numbers are called, I yell bingo? I don't have to get them diagonally, in a straight line or full card? I think I'm confusing myself.

HeatherJ
02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
That's how I see it! Which reminds me, I need to do that! My prize is enroute to Kathy now.

maxiesmom
02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm having a senior moment. So I pick 10 numbers out of 1-100. Send them to Kathy. If all my ten numbers are called, I yell bingo? I don't have to get them diagonally, in a straight line or full card? I think I'm confusing myself.

You just have to get all your numbers called. A regular Bingo card has only 75 numbers.

Patty
02-13-2013, 05:43 PM
OK, here goes...I already typed my answer but somehow I lost it. I'm thrilled to say I'd love to play. I've seen the bingo on here before and never understood it. So I will pick 10 numbers between 1 and 100 and send them to someone (?). Then I also send a small prize and postage, then check the numbers daily. Right? My idea for the prizes is really very flexible---I think either , between $3 and $5 is fine...maybe something like a consumable (embellishment, spritz, tool, gift card to M's or J's, or a small stamp). what am I missing??:jiggy:

dancing queen
02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
If I mail my "gift prize" to you from Florida tomorrow, do you think I'll be on time? I sure hope so 'cause I have it ready to go.

maxiesmom
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Yes, I am sure it has plenty of time to get here before next week Saturday.

maxiesmom
02-13-2013, 09:44 PM
OK, here goes...I already typed my answer but somehow I lost it. I'm thrilled to say I'd love to play. I've seen the bingo on here before and never understood it. So I will pick 10 numbers between 1 and 100 and send them to someone (?). Then I also send a small prize and postage, then check the numbers daily. Right? My idea for the prizes is really very flexible---I think either , between $3 and $5 is fine...maybe something like a consumable (embellishment, spritz, tool, gift card to M's or J's, or a small stamp). what am I missing??:jiggy:

Patty please check out post # 1 on this thread. I have tried to address any questions there and have updated it as more have come along. I am the hostess, the entry prize will come to me.

dancing queen
02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes, I am sure it has plenty of time to get here before next week Saturday.

OK, it will go postal tomorrow. Can't wait!