PDA

View Full Version : I had a surprise 50th party Friday night

maxiesmom
06-23-2013, 09:43 AM
My family, coworkers and friends surprised me Friday night. My bff had told me weeks in advance that she was taking me out for a special dinner and to not plan anything for that night. I was totally clueless, had no idea at all. As we walked through the restaurant and into another room I even thought 'why are they putting us in this empty room, there was a table for 2 right there? Oh there's a party going on over on this side, oh my goodness, there's my mother and David. Holy cow, it's a party!'

It was actually given by my boss and his wife! She called David up and asked if he'd be ok with them doing it. Who does that for their employee? I am just beyond blown away by their kindness and generosity.

I don't have any pics to share since I didn't have my camera with me. I told David he should have put it in the car before I got home. Kimmy took a few and I think posted it to FB. What a way to start the weekend!

loobylou
06-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Happy Birthday- what a lovely suprise- you are obviously a very valued employee!

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 01:45 PM
How great!! Congrats on the Big 0. A terrific boss it sounds like. Glad it was good and would love to see pics!!
Happy Birthday!!

iloveflipflops
06-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Wow! What a change of attitude from Palooza!!!

maxiesmom
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Wow! What a change of attitude from Palooza!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I didn't say that I am happy about being 50 and it isn't like I had a choice in the matter since it was a surprise, which I had said I did NOT want. But when people do something like that for you, you are still grateful and appreciative for them doing it. Heck, I'd have been happy with a picnic and burgers at the cottage with the family.

Patty
06-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!

cindi
06-23-2013, 05:43 PM
how fun!!! what a surprise they gave you.l Happy Birthday
:)

HeatherJ
06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
That was a lovely thing for them to do.

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I didn't say that I am happy about being 50 and it isn't like I had a choice in the matter since it was a surprise, which I had said I did NOT want. But when people do something like that for you, you are still grateful and appreciative for them doing it. Heck, I'd have been happy with a picnic and burgers at the cottage with the family.

That means they like you very much I think. That is good. Yes we don't have a choice in the age we become- the alternative isn't as good!

firefly
06-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Sounds like it was lots of fun Kathy! Happy Birthday!

scraphappy908
06-27-2013, 08:18 AM
What a wonderful surprise! Happy belated Birthday, Kathy!

maxiesmom
06-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks Amy, but my birthday is today so you aren't late at all.

RubberLady603
07-05-2013, 08:14 AM
How cool that they did that for you! Happy belated birthday!