PDA

View Full Version : Stamp cleaners

Nancy
09-21-2013, 11:04 AM
What kind of stamp cleaner do you use? I find that the stamps don't clean like they use to. The permanent inks I can understand stain the rubber. But I would still like to get all the stamps cleaner. I use put nail polish on all the wood to keep it unstained, but then got lazy, so some stamps have colored spots on them. -Nancy

HeatherJ
09-21-2013, 11:11 AM
I have a scrubby stamp cleaner that I bought at a stampin Up party years ago. It has two sides and one I spray the cleaner and the other is the "dryer" side. many cleaners are too perfumey and make me sneeze. I am using a bubble gum scented one now that isn't too bad. When Fred has Simple Green on hand, I have diluted that and used it. I use the Stazon cleaner for the really black inks. Clear stamps are just not going to come clean. It does make them easier to line up that way, though!

Christie
09-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I use baby wipes

Paula Carden
09-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I have a lot with stained wood, I have never been able to get the wood clean. Mostly now I use baby wipes.

maxiesmom
09-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I may like to keep my rubber clean-ish, but I don't worry about the wood. I use all of the aforementioned methods, scrubby pads, baby wipes, Simple Green, commercial stamp cleaners, Awesome Orange spray and sometimes just water and a toothbrush. Actually most of those spray or daub on cleaners involve a toothbrush for me.
Like I said, I can be a bit compulsive about it.

Nancy
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks I guess I am not so far behind in the clean up of stamps. I still loved it when you could get them clean. I really hate clear stamps and most of mine have turned yellow and are hard to pull off the surfaces. So I rarely use them. I had white embossing powder and it hardened in the container, guess I had it to long. The heat in my house does a lot to dry out my inkpads so I need to go through them and refill them. Guess I'm in a slump because I just cant get into stamping. Let alone get my fingers inky, I don't like that. Guess I need to go back to bed since I'm whining. Have a good day - Nancy

Paula Carden
09-22-2013, 02:56 PM
You are not whining Nancy!!
How are you feeling?

maxiesmom
09-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Get yourself a box of gloves and you won't care about the ink!

Nancy
09-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Your right about the gloves but I have never liked to get my hands dirty, my friend always does these finger paintings on her cards and laughs at me because she doesn't know anyone else who can finger paint with one finger. Oh well.
I am now off chemo and take an intravenous bottle once every three weeks and a cancer pill and hope in six months these shows as much good work as the past 6 months on chemo. I should start feeling better. My hair might even grow. The left over problem here is the Neuropathy in my hands and feet. It is hard to hold a pencil, pick anything up, do you bra, button clothes. The Dr. says this should heal up I hope so because it is very annoying. The medicine I take for this makes you very sleepy and I really need that! I have been on it for a week and the pain in my feet is going away slightly. It used to be I could hardly walk when I got out of bed in the morning. But progress is being made.
And I am happy with that. Thank you for asking and all the good wishes all of you have sent. - Nancy

HeatherJ
09-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Glad to hear you are making some progress.

iloveflipflops
09-23-2013, 05:11 PM
I have always just used baby wipes

Patty
09-23-2013, 06:55 PM
I use wipes with no alcohol...and I never worried about the wood---usually the ink is on the underside so I don't worry. If it's an unmounted stamp I will sometimes float it in the sink .... no worries!!

ngreek
09-25-2013, 01:01 AM
The baby wipes don't dry out the rubber?? I am not sure where I heard that or if it is factual?