PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what would be cool?

Erin K
10-26-2006, 01:37 PM
If there was a website where you could enter in your hourly rate or your salary and the hours you work each week and it would start a ticker thingie that showed how much money you make as you go. So say you make $10 an hour and you start it up then go type an email and that takes 15 minutes and you click back over to the website it will show that you've made $2.50. You could run it all day if you wanted to see how much this stinky day at work is paying you, or start and stop it throughout the day.. Gonna stare off into space for a while? Lets see how much "the man" is gonna pay me for that. Wouldn't that be fun? I bet it would..

Beaglelover
10-26-2006, 02:19 PM
OMG, I was laughing my head off at your post.

I was thinking we could do that "ticker" thing while making cards and see how much we should get paid. Might help some of us decided on what to charge if we sell'em.

Have a great day. Your two little ones are the cutest. I love baby heads!!!:)

tojoco
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Erin, you have a wild imagination! And you make me laugh every time I read one of your posts.:D

Erin K
10-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I bet if I made it it would be come a huge hit and in a year I could sell it for a billion dollars. I'd call it workclock.

www.workclock.com

Erin K
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
well stinko, that is already a website. I'll have to come up with a different name.

lost luggage
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Welcome to my world..my whole life is a ticker...always ticking..that's me. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. I can't stop watching the clock...since I don't work for the man anymore, I don't even wear any of my watches...I'm STILL worried about what time it is at all times. lol

Erin K
10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
see Julie, you'd love a website like this.

I have tons of crazy ideas like this that I think could make money, I'll never do any of them...

One I have is a database of ingredients and recipes, and maybe you can even have an account where you keep track of what foods you have on hand. Anyhow it can tell you what you can make with the stuff you have in your pantry. So you'd say, I have:
chicken
rice
beans
tomatoes
and so on, and it would assume you have stamples, oil, sugar, water...
and it would return a list of recipes you have the stuff to make. I'd love a site like that.

lost luggage
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
see Julie, you'd love a website like this.

I have tons of crazy ideas like this that I think could make money, I'll never do any of them...

One I have is a database of ingredients and recipes, and maybe you can even have an account where you keep track of what foods you have on hand. Anyhow it can tell you what you can make with the stuff you have in your pantry. So you'd say, I have:
chicken
rice
beans
tomatoes
and so on, and it would assume you have stamples, oil, sugar, water...
and it would return a list of recipes you have the stuff to make. I'd love a site like that.

I have that website...in my brain. lol I an addicted to the food channel... Now..if there was a site that you could upload all your stamps too, and then type in what kind of project you wanted, it would show you the results before hand...nah...where would the fun be in that? (Kind of like those haircut websites...more fun to let the stylist do their magic.)