PDA

View Full Version : How would you write in this card?

Swanie78
01-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I just finished making this card and Im just wondering what you would do...
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/data/500/Life.jpg

Because of the angle of that cut, some of the inside is exposed. Would you just write in the card normally leaving what you wrote as a little preview, or would you write on an angle with the front of the card so when its closed you dont see anything?
Im torn between both ways. If I had cool handwriting it wouldnt be a question, Id let it show, but Im not really keen on my handwriting :mask:

loobylou
01-25-2007, 05:10 PM
When I make cards with cut away fronts I lay my ruler across to indicate where the cut finishes and then write below the angle, or sometimes inside the front LHS. I like the way you've used a scallop punch in the flower centre

Far North
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes I agree, I am alway carefully to keep all inside message on the inside-- otherwise I personally find it a distraction to the cover art. On this type of cut if I have enough room for a sentiment and a line of writting on the inside bottom squared off portion, I would stamp a small flower in the upper portion.

Erin K
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I do the same, I just write where it won't show. I have horrible handwriting though, I'm sure if I had nice handwriting it wouldn't matter.

Swanie78
01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the opinions.
The ruler as a guide is a great idea! :)

stampinmom3
01-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Your cards are awesome.

kerry
01-25-2007, 10:10 PM
It's beautiful...If it were me, I'd write the note inside left part of the card. That way, you would not need any rulers and you would keep the card clear of "peeking" text. You could also leave the inside right portion for a stamped sentiment (positioned so it wouldn't show when the card was closed.

Kerry