PDA

View Full Version : I have some sad news . . .

patg
10-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I am not sure any of you have been following the story of the pregnant teacher that went missing last Wednesday. Well, today, they have identified a charred body that was found on Monday.

She was a teacher that taught at our sons' school. It has been a tough day for me and I am sure, all the teachers at the school. I am actually fairly exhausted from all the crying I have been doing.

There is a real difference when you read about something like this and when you actually know the person.

Pat

tojoco
10-26-2006, 11:17 PM
OMG, Pat I am so sorry to hear that. Yes we hear about these things happening all the time but when it hits close to home, it really hurts.

Please accept my deepest sympathy as well as extending it to the entire school system.

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-27-2006, 12:58 AM
How awful! I am so sorry to hear this. Sending up prayers for strength and hope that you find some comfort in your memories of her and all that lives that she touched.

hugs,
Jane

kulakid
10-27-2006, 01:30 AM
I was saddened and horrified when I heard the news this evening - I can't even imagine what you must feel, having known her...so sad and terrible...BIG hugs to you, your boys, and everyone affected by the loss of someone special.

3darlings
10-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I had not heard about it, but I am so sorry, it gives me chills thinking about it. How is your son doing with the sad news? It is hard to imagine such horrible things can happen in our hometowns.

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh how awful! Too many bad things happen to people that we know! My prayers go out to this Ladies Family that they might be able to find some peace in all of this tragedy!

Far North
10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh I am so sorry that this has such an incredibly awful ending. It must be devastating for all whose life she touched.
Sending prayers and hugs,
Jan

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 09:22 AM
It is just horrible and so sad and I just feel awful for her and her family as well as the school and all of the people who are touched by this horrendous event. My thoughts and prayers to you and your boys as well as the entire community as you deal with the emotional pain and loss.

Jennifer

toao
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry. I am just at a loss for words today.

The family must be devasted.

Mary

cindi
10-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Big hugs to you!! I'm sure tghe whole school must be very upset. I'll add a prayer for all of you. So sorry to hear of this.

mydogstinks2
10-27-2006, 10:40 AM
what a horriable thing to happen.

lost luggage
10-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I am not sure any of you have been following the story of the pregnant teacher that went missing last Wednesday. Well, today, they have identified a charred body that was found on Monday.

She was a teacher that taught at our sons' school. It has been a tough day for me and I am sure, all the teachers at the school. I am actually fairly exhausted from all the crying I have been doing.

There is a real difference when you read about something like this and when you actually know the person.

Pat

This is very tragic...my thoughts go out to you during this hard time.

jdpisces
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
How awful for you and your community, Pat.

You are all in my thoughts.

Julie

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I will pray for you and your family during this very difficult time.

GrammaStamper
10-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear of the tragic loss in your community. I will be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Barb

Brenda
10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and everyone who knew her.

patg
10-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts. It was pretty quiet and somber today. There were 9 substitute teachers and they had a bunch of counselors available to anyone who needed it.

I tried to call my doctor to see if he was available, but he wasn't. Again, I went to work bawling.

Today, my five year old asked what "murder" was.

I guess what bothers me the most is that they were exposed to something as awful as this at such a young age. We are trying our best to not let them know how she died.

Thanks again.

Pat