PDA

View Full Version : Update on my little man Jack.....

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 09:26 AM
The Dr. called late last night concerning the blood results for my DS. We talked for about 20 minutes! She said I have to tell you when you first brought the little Guy in I immediately thought that he had Cancer:eek: ! She said she was really expecting the worst because he looked so bad & all of the symptoms that he was having! OMG! I just about had a heartattack! I had this nagging feeling that what if he had Leukemia or something, so it was just way weird that his Dr. said that!

Anyways, what he does have is Mono! I didn't know Kids can have that! I had it when I was a Junior in HS, and you all have probably heard that they call it the Kissing Disease. So, at this point I have to just keep him full of fluids & let him rest then on Monday I am takeing him up to the Children's Hospital for more blood tests & the Dr. wants them to run a Cat Scan & some other tests for that cyst he has on his Brain to make sure that the cyst hasn't moved or anything causing some of the symptoms that he has. The Dr. wants to make sure she is covering all the bases, which I am really greatful for!

I just wanted to update you all & thank you all for your prayers on his behalf! I will let you all know how the Tests next week go as well! :)

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
how frightening! Your poor little Jack and poor you - momma too for the worry! It is soooo difficult to see our children ill or hurt, little ones as well as older.

Please keep us posted as to his test results next week. In the meantime, you and your dear family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherry
10-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi Julie,

I know how frightening things can be when your child is ill. When my son was five, he was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease. It took us days and many trips to the ER (three days in a row) before he was finally diagnosed and admitted. I knew that there was something seriously wrong with him but the doctors kept telling me it was the flu. I am so glad that I trusted my motherly gut instinct.

I am so glad that you have a doctor that is doing her job and is covering all of the bases. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope everything works out a-okay!

Sherry

toao
10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I don't even have the words. I'm glad it doesn't appear to be anything major. I will continue to pray for your little guy...and you.

Mary

tojoco
10-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Julie, I am so sorry you all have to go thru this. It is so sad to see little children hurting. It's just not fair to these innocent beings. My thoughts and prayers will remain with you and your family. Please keep us up-to-date on Jack's progress.

lost luggage
10-27-2006, 10:28 AM
OMG that doctor! Considering what is happening these days I would have hit the floor at the meer mention of cancer.

Thank god that is not the case with Jack. THANK GOD.

I hope he starts to feel better soon :)

midnitecreations
10-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Julie, I'm sure your heart stopped for a moment there. I'm glad it's not so serious, though. It's tough on mom's as much as the kids when they are sick. Here's hoping that all his other tests will be easy on him and the results easy on you.
renu

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 11:18 AM
This dr sounds good. That was nice she/he took the time to talk to you that long.

I will pray for him and hope all goes well. This weekend will be long, just the waiting...

teabear
10-27-2006, 12:01 PM
What a relief that it's nothing more serious. Your doc sounds like a wonderful woman. Sending lots of good wishes for speedy recovery and good test results. Hug for you,

Erin K
10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
wow, I'm so glad that it is not cancer. You poor thing. I'm glad they are running more tests and that they are not saying, "Oh it's mono, just give him more fluids" I mean I pray that's all it is but it will be very good to be comprehensive in the testing to make sure.

Poor Jack. :(

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks everybody for your prayers & concern. I really appreciate you all!

jdpisces
10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh wow, Julie! What a relief you must feel that it isn't anything as serious as the doctor thought!!

When I was diagnosed with mono about a month ago, the doctor told me that most people get it by age 5. I don't think that's true since most people I have known got it in high school.

I am glad they will continue to monitor him....poor little guy! I'll be thinking about all of you!

Julie