PDA

View Full Version : The Birthday Extravaganza for Marcia

Erin K
10-27-2006, 01:55 PM
As many of you know my Mother-in-Law Marcia's birthday is tomorrow. The background is that we ALL forgot it last year, yup, me, Brian, Dan, and my father-in-law. She was just crushed, then in April David my father-in-law passed away, so it's been a really tough time and I knew this birthday could be a bummer. I didn't want that so I put out the call to you great ladies to send cards.

And you did! I have 21 Birthday cards to give her tomorrow. That's amazing, and I'm so happy. I have them all in a cute bag so she can just open and open and open them. :) We also got a few other things:

A huge box of chocolates from costco, fancy ones I think you are supposed to use as Christmas gifts...

This HUGE chocolate cake from Costco. It is like 6lbs! It's giant, she actually has been visiting the cake each time we go, it looks great, but what's she gonna do with a 6lb cake? so that's gonna be the birthday cake.

I made a card set with a cool holder

Stephen colored her a card, it's just scribble, but I think she will like it.

And a bunch of note pads and stuff with cats on them, she loves cats.

And a calendar with cats.

I think that's all, We are taking her out to lunch and Gram (her mom) too, then going to the tiny playground park that's around the corner so they can watch Stephen play and we can have fun, then back to the house for presents, cards and cake. Dan (Brian's college age brother) is gonna call at like 3 so we will be here for that and he can tell her happy birthday.

I hope she really has a good time and knows how much we care. We plan never to forget her birthday again.

I'll tell you how it goes!

cindi
10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
That sounds like a great celebration! All that activity is sure to help her not be too blue! What a daughter in law you are!!!:)

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
I think that I have seen the chocolate cake that you are talking about at Costco! It is way huge & is all choclate! OMG! You all will be on a sugar high for days! :) Maybe she will share it with some Friends...if not, she will be able to enjoy it herself knowing that it is all hers! :)

You Guy's are great doing all this for her. Has she been Brian's Step Mom for a long time?

Erin K
10-27-2006, 02:19 PM
You Guy's are great doing all this for her. Has she been Brian's Step Mom for a long time?

She's Brian's real mom. Did I mess up and call her a step mom? I have a step mom who is a big part of my life, Brian's parents were blissfully married until April when David died. I mean they are still married... anyhow you know what I mean..

jdpisces
10-27-2006, 02:24 PM
What a great day you guys have planned for her! I know she will be thrilled...who wouldn't be?!?!? I am sure this will more than make up for the events of last year. :)

I don't know why, but I always thought she was your step-mom too. It doesn't matter...I'm just rambling... :)

Have a great day and a giant piece of cake for me!

Julie

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
She will be thrilled I am sure :). That cake sounds delish. In fact, I would love a piece of it right now. I am PMS'ing today so I really need some chocolate!! :)

flyingflower
10-27-2006, 03:02 PM
do you have them?