PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Halloween???

shurlyjean
10-28-2006, 09:33 AM
I am sort-of...we are having an open house at the nursing home, so have a couple hundred dollars in candy to pass out...

We also are doing scarecrows.... These are hay bales with a post... then you dress it up, and their is a contest... I am doing 2... one super easy... a ghost using a sheet... the other will be a race car... using frisbees for tires and lights... Someone donated about 30 frisbees a couple years ago... I also made "corporate sponsor" things featuring the different departments.... Found a cute teddy bear to drive the car... he will be sitting in a Cracker Jacks box we got at Sams... we give Cracker Jacks out at bingo... so this will fit in real well....

I also made flags to go up the post... checkered, green, white...you know the kind they have have the race track.

I will tie it all together with ducktape and fishing line....

Then we will have to see if we win anything... Some of the staff get really creative.

Shirley:rolleyes:

laos348
10-28-2006, 10:46 AM
That sounds really creative Shirley.

We finally ironed out what the kids costumes will be. Now I just need to make the treats for the kids classmates. I'm doing lollipop covers for Meg's class and nugget bags for Conor's class.

Laura

iloveflipflops
10-28-2006, 10:49 AM
The kids have their costumes. Still need to get Emily black tights to go with her bumble bee costume. Supposed to be in the 30's Halloween night so that's a little different than trick or treating in FL where its usually in the 70's. ha ha

I really do not think we'll have any trick or treaters so I am holding off buying any candy. We have a 700 foot long DARK driveway. Who is going to come down that? DH said we need to have some just in case but I am not buying it till last minute. I don't want to eat it all :(

mydogstinks2
10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Some of it vanished! A mystery I'm sure... Last year we didn't get my trick-or-treaters. We will see what this year brings!

suzi_f
10-28-2006, 02:01 PM
We're ready. Of course, we don't do anything so that makes it VERY easy! LOL. We bought the kids candy & are giving them cash (bribery). DD wants to go to the Halloween Parade Tue night. Supposedly, we have the oldest Halloween parade in the country. It's a big deal around here. Such a big deal that trick-or-treat night is 10/30, not the 31st so everyone can attend. I don't like crowds so I don't like to go. Dh will have to decide if we go. May have to wait & see what the weather holds.

stampcrazyjulie
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
We haven't bought candy yet because ours disappears as well! Hmmmm.....;) The last few years we are usually out with the Kids anyways & don't get Home till late. Because we live on a very busy street, we seem to get alot of Trick or Treaters...late. Last year we got mainly Teenagers, which kind of ticked me off because they were not in Costume & it was 10:30 PM.

We are thinking of driving up to Park City about 30 minutes away to take the Kids Tuesday night. That's where all of the RICH People live...HA! :)

workin4stamps
10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I was so lazy about Halloween this year! I usually put some outside decorations out, but I didn't this year. Just wasn't in the mood I guess. We don't get trick-or-treaters since we live in the country, so I guess you could say I'm all ready!!!!

:-)
Traci

shuggy
10-28-2006, 03:17 PM
i have to work on halloween!! i'm going to old navy to see if i can find some halloween pajama pants. they let us get away with those on the holidays since they look like scrubs!!!

cahinton
10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I just finished making the treat bags for the kids today. We don't get many kids, so I do big treat bags for the ones that do come. It was putting me in the Halloween spirit for the Haunted Shack activities waaaaahaaaaaahaaaa!

Carol