PDA

View Full Version : Winter Time exercise ideas?

JBgreendawn
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Okay,
So I have been reading these threads a little bit, and
the thing for me is, not what i eat. because, I don't actually eat too much of anything.

the problem with weight lose for me is more along the lines of how little i am moving around now a days. (compared to when i had a busy busy moving around all day job) i now have a sit down desk job and I am getting "soft"
IE jeans are tight and some are so tight its like having a rubber tire hang over the top. ( not good ~ don't wanna buy new clothes when there's so many new cute stamps out there):laugh:

which means i need some ideas of what kinds of things i could do to exercise in the winter time. (I'm not real big on joining a gym because i don't look at exercise as a social event and i really don't want anyone to watch me doing it.)

In the summer i garden ( and we have 2 acres and i have put in like 10 flower beds so far and have a few more going in this next spring) So when i say i garden i mean i really work at this and spend hours sweating in my yard.

But as soon as it gets the least bit cold i stop moving and seem to go into hibernation or something.:no2:
So anyways if you have some ideas of things you do now while its cold i would like to read about them.
tia,

teabear
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
My favorite thing to do when I don't want to leave the house is bounce on a mini-trampoline. I store it under the bed and pull it out to sort of jog/dance on for about 30 minutes while I listen to music or watch TV. It really seems to work for me. You can pick one up pretty inexpensively at a sports store.

MidwestStamper
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I belong to Curves for Women. It's ONLY for women, so it's a whole different feel than when I used to belong to the gym. You can come in, do the half hour circut and be out of there in no time. It's strength training machines interspersed with a rest station.There are all ages, sizes and types of women, so I feel completely comfortable.

The other big thing here in Minnesota is Mall Walking--going to your local indoor mall and walking laps around inside. I live right by the Mall of America and there is a whole club for people who walk there on a regular basis. I'm not that into it that much yet, but it is a great way to keep up the walking.

On good days, if I can fit the strength training of Curves and the cardio of walking in, then I feel great!

irishchristine
02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I joined a gym and I started weight watchers again. I am down 4 pounds in 2 weeks. It is not great but I nibble way too much during the day and this helps me watch what I eat. I also have a treadmill so I walk while I watched the Veiw today!

jazzypurple853
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd try an excerise tape that you can do indoors. I'd suggest go to your local library and see if you can take out a tape to try. I do the leslie sansone
walking aerobics tape.

BeckyButtshaw
02-05-2007, 07:18 PM
We do water aerobics! Even though it's freezing outside, it's not too bad at the indoor pool. And, I was surprised at first by how challenging it is! And it's super fun...

JBgreendawn
02-06-2007, 10:27 AM
They tore down the malls here and put in shopping center things. so each store opens to the parking lot kind of a thing now. but, we do have an indoor pool. :)

I didnt think that this posted, i kept seeing error pages after i hit submit.

Thanks ladies!

Kreative Dryve
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I bought mine after working on one at Physical Therapy. (I had shoulder surgery)
They are great for your core area (tummy/spine), because when you use them you have to use your tummy muscles, and you really don't even know that you are doing tummy exercises.
Plus, I have a lower back injury from age 13, and have lower back problems if I don't exercise the right way. I can do crunches on this ball, where I could never do that before on the floor.
Mine was the cheapo one from Wally World, for $10.

It also comes with a exercise sheet. Hope this helps... -MJ